x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720, irda and noka phone (9300)

jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 8:24 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm trying to get a handshake working between my J720 and my nokia 9300, in the hope of using something like mphone for storing SMS's, contacts, numbers... making everything I use syncable basically.
The problem is they only connect when I use send(non-windows) or recv(non-windows) in the built-in contacts tools menu. If I use 'file', 'send' or 'receive', I can see that they are communicating because the nokia 'flashes' and for a (nokia) send (j720) receive, the nokia displays 'The other infrared device does not understand the data that was sent.
I have the nokia irda update installed and tried nokia-modem.zip too. Neither have any effect though I can switch to a serial port instead of infrared Port/Raw IR port on COM4 and see that there is a handshake attempt going on.
Has anyone any idea of the difference between windows ir send and non-windows ir send?
Strangely enough, my RX4700 will only accept an incoming beam from 'non-windows' send
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the nokia irda update / modem thing has nothing to do with infrared file transfer.

did you try mphone at all? that doesn't need the builtin contacts app anyway.

what's RX4700?
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 10:02 AM
#
I don't think you can use mphone with a Symbian OS device. The message store on Symbian does not allow external device to access it, nor does it allow access to the contacts store.
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 6:17 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

@cmonex. I tried mphone but had no luck connecting. I know they support some nokia phones (maybe no symbian though). RX4700 should be HX4700 sorry which you knew of course!

@alfabob. I can send and receive through infrared using built-in contacts and the send/receive (non-windows) option. I believe the whole point of IR on this type of device is to quickly exchange contact data with business associates so I'm not at all sure about not allowing external access.

I will pursue this in some nokia forums and report back any success.

Edited by jpfx 2006-03-13 6:19 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 16