x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

POP3 emailing with J720

enrigonz
enrigonz Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 11:06 PM
#
Hi,

I'm very happy with my Jornada 720 but there's one thing I haven't been able to do and that's be able to email (send/receive) with my wireless network connection. I can browse the net without problems and get emails through HTML sites but I can't seem to find the way to do it using the built in mail program. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 11:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you dont tell us enough details, what is your exact problem, why cant you set it up in the built in app?
 Top of the page
enrigonz
enrigonz Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 9:20 AM
#
cmonex - 2006-03-12 11:20 PM

you dont tell us enough details, what is your exact problem, why cant you set it up in the built in app?

Everything is setup, I have Bellsouth for ISP, my incoming and outgoing mail servers are there, my passwords, user name, etc. When I try to send or receive I get an error saying " Can't initialize service. Could not establish remote connection"

I'm baffled!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 7:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

are you sure you didnt use a "domain (win NT)" setting? it isnt needed i think and i heard that could cause a problem if someone writes something there too

does your ISP require anything special? or just a pop3 server and a smtp server and thats it?
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 9:16 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

It's probably the same problem I"m having on my CE2.0 machine - every ISP has switched over the SMTP AUTH with SSL connections.

The good thing is that nPOP v1.06/1.07 supports SSL for PC2000 - download the program, and DLL's, and see if it works for you.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.195 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11