x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The HPC Screen Saver Project

1 2 3 4
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 3:17 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Are we just going to ignore our "Guest"? The LEDs light up our LCDs from behind, so we can see it
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 3:26 AM
#
takwu - 2006-03-17 12:17 AM
Are we just going to ignore our "Guest"?

Oops... I figured someone else would answer it... Sorry.

Actually, don't they light it up from the bottom of the screen upwards?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 10:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well, yes and no. The LEDs are located around the edges, in some cases just the bottom. But then the light is reflected within a clear plate "light box", which is behind the LCD To be honest I only know this from observations, so I'm sure there are someone more qualified to explained this. But don't wait around, just tell what you know
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 11:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I know I meant to type TFT instead of LCD. So, how long in hours are the LEDS in our hpc screens rated for?

Wasn't Snappy! looking into using LED backlights for the 720 instead of the current CCFL lamp?
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 11:42 PM
#
Would that make it a TFT??!! (drool)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 2:16 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I think Snappy! was on that path too...
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 12:44 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CardBoardCrusader - 2006-03-13 11:58 AM

Also, something that would make it really authentic would be if we included a "Windows CE" screen saver type. One that has the Windows CE logo slowly bouncing around the screen, or, just appearing random places at set intervals(like the 'Windows XP' screen saver in XP).

You mean like this?

Actually, Windows CE 4.x already has a built in screen saver engine and this is one of the sample screensavers. Its really only useful for CE 4.x based thin clinets, though I'm sure it would also work on a CE 4.x or maybe even a CE 3.0 H/PC with a bit of fiddling.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-06-14 12:45 PM
 Top of the page
motbe
motbe Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 11:59 AM
#
As chiark mentioned, I'm the developer of PocketCandy (Daniel Strickland). I did intiially write PocketCandy for an older HP Jornada HPC, but at the PocketPC line took off, and the business I worked for abandoned the HPC's, development went to the PPC line. I just recently released PocketCandy 2.0, with security and many improvements over the older version, but alas, right now it's coded for PPC 2003 and WM5. I'm not sure I envision making the necessary changes for HPC use, since I'm not sure what kind of market there is for the product (i.e. unfortunately for us developers, we have to put food on the table for our families). The other hurdle at the moment is that I no longer have access to an HPC.

I did run into several issues with my Jornada when I was developing for it. The main one being that I found that the system responded at times like certain keyboard keys were stuck in the pressed down position. This was quite problematic, since I needed to monitor for key presses as well as screen taps (and not just for screen taps as on the PPC). I didn't have the time then (early 2000 I'm guessing) to put into the solution...

I'd possibly consider creating a slimmed down version again for the HPC, but would need to know what kind of support there would be for it.

Daniel Strickland
http://www.strickland-consulting.com/
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-06 12:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey motbe!

if you include a password protection with the screen saver i'm definitely interested. thanks
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-07-07 8:21 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for posting Daniel. I'd be interested, particularly in the SDK side of things
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2006-08-09 7:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

cmonex - 2006-07-06 2:39 PM

hey motbe!

if you include a password protection with the screen saver i'm definitely interested. thanks

hey, I think i can make that. remember the screen saver I made? I could make it so that when you tap on it, there will be the password protection dialog...

now i have to find where my source code went...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-09 7:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow stingraze that would be really nice..
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 5:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

i already got the code working except one place: I can't read a text file(password) to pass the value to a variable... eVB is so cutdown..... I'm trying though....

Edited by stingraze 2006-08-12 5:58 PM
 Top of the page
LOLNOOBZ
LOLNOOBZ Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 6:33 PM
#
lol noobz
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 6:56 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

If they are 'Noobz' as you refer to them, then can you please explain how they should do it?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9