x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I missed the first F1 race of the season

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 9:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I programmed the VCR and went to bed. I forgot to turn the VCR off, so nothing recorded.

I was pleased to discover that FA won. This season just might have some real track battles instead of a procession.

Oh how I'd love to hear those v8s at 25,000rpm. Perhaps I can save enough money to attend the Montreal race, if I stop buying hpcs that is.

Only problem for me is how do I survive the trip? Montreal is 7 hours away and I don't travel well. Anyone care to donate a day of corporate jet time to me?
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 9:41 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

It was a pretty good race actually.

Alonso and Schumacher really fought it out well and it was by the slimest of margins that Alonso beat Schumacher on the 3rd stop.

The drive of the day was from Kimi Raikkonen. P22 to P3 and he did it on one stop. That means that car had nearly 175 extra pounds of weight in fuel and still managed to make it to the podium. If Merc can get the lump sorted out - fear McLaren. Greatly fear McLaren.

V8s sounded fantastic (only 20,000 RPMs though).
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 9:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Personally, I've found the first race sets the tone for the season, in the last few years anyway. I'd really love to see a 3 or more horse race this year.

My bad, 20k is still amazing. I'm a bit surprised they don't turn 22-24k with the reduced mass. I agree, Mercedes will be the team to beat with a reliable engine. They suffered many embarassing meltdowns last year.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.207 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8