x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Locking Folder Names

BTT
BTT Page Icon Posted 2006-03-15 11:54 PM
#
I have an NEC MobilePro 780. I often swap PCMCIA memory cards in and out of the slot which can play havoc with my folder names. The compact flash slot is a permanent CF card. I'd like to lock the CF card to indicate its permanence and give it a name that does not float.

I followed the instructions in the tutorial to use RegEdit in order to lock the name to one of my choice and it does permanently lock the folder name. However, as a side-effect, it also renders the folder read-only. Any attempt to actually write to the folder is summarily rejected. As this is where I install most of the software and datafiles in order to save space on the internal memory, this is a real PITA.

Is this a known side-effect of locking the folder name? Is there something I've missed or another way to render the folder read-write?
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 9:48 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Sounds like the ioctl value you put in the registry is wrong.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 9:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I would agree with jpfx that the ioctl value is a potential cause of this error. Ensure that it is a DWORD value, not a string as with the other variables. You to have it set to 4.

This is not a known side effect of the work around.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11