x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Printing with HP 720

JLS Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 1:19 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Have a standard Epson C84 inkjet. My HP 720 doesn't see or know how to talk through the computer in order to print.

Though my HP 720 came with several printer drivers, all are rather funky and no one even have these early model printers I think. Can I install my Epson drivers on the HP 720?

I have read this site's very good "Printer Installation"
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0015.asp it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions? OR How have you been able to print FROM your HP 720?

Thanks,
John

Top of the page
wirespot Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 2:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm trying do to do that, but I have several mitigating circumstances, I hope.

First of all, we're talking an old HP LaserJet 4 printer, for what it may be worth.

Second, I will not print directly to it (naturally), I will print over the network; the computer that shares the printer is a Linux, which has a LPRng printing system in place. That system is able to more or less automatically recognize print jobs and run them through some convertors and formatters, which improves the chances of an actual print. I can even try to capture raw print jobs from 720 (if I manage to send any) and see if I can feed them to the printer or the printing system directly.

I'll be back if I get any info.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 5:51 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

JLS - 2006-03-16 7:19 AM

Have a standard Epson C84 inkjet. My HP 720 doesn't see or know how to talk through the computer in order to print.

Though my HP 720 came with several printer drivers, all are rather funky and no one even have these early model printers I think. Can I install my Epson drivers on the HP 720?

I have read this site's very good "Printer Installation"
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0015.asp it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions? OR How have you been able to print FROM your HP 720?

Thanks,
John

well, those drivers arent that obsolete, i didnt try them personally, but a friend of mine can easily print over his network (wlan), and his printer isnt that old )

cant say much about the epson, is is PCL3 compatible at all?

btw my MP900C can print to my usb printer directly.
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 5:34 PM
#
Printing over lan has always worked for me. My laser print is an HP 1100...a bit old but good. Also have used on my older Lexmark and a newer HP Inkjet.
I'd try pritning over network...I never needed any special drivers (they were either there, or not needed).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 23