x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help needed with mounting Compact Flash in SimPad

adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 7:29 AM
#
Hello I wonder if anyone can help me please? I have just bought a Simpad with HPC2000 and am having trouble mounting PC cards in general and Compact Flash (CF) cards in particular. I appreciate that I will need to track down the HPC2000 drivers for my particular PC card but can anyone tell me if I need to do anything to mount a CF card please? I have inserted a Kodak 64Mb card via a CF to PCMCIA adaptor but the SIMPAD does not recognize the card. If I open the Systems information from the Control Panel I have "--- -----" beside the slot 1 label.

Any thoughts anyone?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 10:38 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Firth thing A always check for is a bent pin in the pcmcia slot.

Use a flashlight and a magnifying glass. After verifying the pins are OK try a different cf-pcmcia adapter.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 11:27 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you shouldn't need to mount a CF card, it should be autorecognized.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I tihnk you mean autorecognized adeprice? But ya, mounting is a common term for "having access to". Hmm, let's just leave it at that.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 11:58 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I tihnk you mean autorecognized adeprice? But ya, mounting is a common term for "having access to". Hmm, let's just leave it at that.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8