x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The CE 2.0 Software Archive

1 2
nandoco
nandoco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 9:50 AM
#
Hey people, I guess at least some of you know about Joe Blow's Win CE 1.0 Software Archive.

The thing is, althoug CE 2.0 software had wayyy more software available than CE 2.0, in the process of updating their products, software companies and independents droped CE 2.0 suport and removed old versions - which were 2.0 compatible - from their web sites, and consequently, from most software archives.

So, I'm thinking about building a web site for us, 2.0 users (2.11ers are welcome, 1.0 too), trying to colect these lost gems.

Some examples of what can be done:

- Tascal software droped most software for 2.0, like Tascal Regedit( you can det it at HPCFactor) and others. We could contact them and ask for the older versions, providing them with no support but the one we offer in this comunity.

- Way Back Machine has this web archive where you can get some files as they were 3, 4 years back. It works for some pages, that's how I got Text Maker for CE 2.0.

- Look in old forums to see what software people used all the way back.

- Pocket Doom was a game that most CE 2.0 users tried long time ago. The versions available now are confuse, hard (possible?) to make work. I managed to run in my MObilon 4600, but the colors are somehow confuse.

so, that's an idea, cause I see in the "Whats on my machi9ne" thread that most people got the same software, most of the software not contributing for expanding the potential of their machines.

whatchathink?

fernando
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 11:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i welcome this idea!!! i have many CE 2.0 hpc's and they're so wonderful. no the OS isn't the best but the hardware was much more innovative than with CE 1.0 hpc's

i have most of the tascal stuff, downloaded them a few weeks ago, just before they took the links off

wayback is very good, too bad when it fails you have no other choice..

anyway there's someone else who wants to build a whole site for hpc software, not just CE2, he can help too and you can help him

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-16 11:25 AM
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 10:45 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have a CD from WinGear, that I bought long ago, with a huge collection of WinCE 2.0 and 2.11 (HPC & PPC) freeware and shareware programs.

It's probably pretty common and nothing special but it may have some programs people may be interested in.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 10:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I have that too, along with a bunch of other ones from Wingear and other distributors. But they're not exactly loaded with 2.0-compatible apps. Most of the apps (even on the older CDs) are for Pocket PCs.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 11:11 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Fernando,
I love the site idea I have a few rarer software titles for CE 2. I have Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Ansyr 2.3 Trial, and Scrabble.. Make sure you put the Primer 2.3 trial on your site... Also, can you please tell me the URL where you downloaded Textmaker for CE 2.0? I am a bit lazy

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-03-16 11:55 PM
 Top of the page
nandoco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 6:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hey people, thanks for the helpful comments, this site is not something I can make alone, and even my webdesign sucks, so, don't expect much more than Joe Blows'.

Snake: That's great, If you could check which software are 2.0 HPC compatible, it wold be a great help.

CE Geek: if there's something for CE 2, let us know.

tenjeangosi: Primer is one of the software I got through Way Back Machine, it'll be there. As for Text Maker, send me your email, I send it to you, but it will only work on you Velo with an expansion card (it's MIPS, isn't it?), and the 360 I'm not sure.

so people, I'll keep on thinking bout the idea. for now, we must start collecting the software. What do you thing bout a Gmail account where we can send the software or an Yahoo group?

tks
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 8:41 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Oh, so textmaker is only for MIPS? My email is in my profile...
Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i too have monopoly, came with my phenom express but it is SH3 only and no idea if it runs on CE2, i should try

btw i have lots of CE2 units, can test software for you!!

also i have such a CD, but with certainly old software, may work
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 4:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Snake: That's great, If you could check which software are 2.0 HPC compatible, it wold be a great help.

That IS the WinCE 2.0 HPC list. The CD comes with a menu program and all attributes of the files are stored in DLL's. I TYPE'ed the DLL in plaintext out to a file then ripped the non-essential info out for your viewing pleasure.

Note that some files say "Try it!" This means freeware or unlocked shareware. If no "Try it!" notation then I would assume trial versions or somesuch.
 Top of the page
nandoco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 11:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

tenjeangosi : No, it's better in SH3 machines, cause you can run it from internal memory, provided you got room for it. I'll send it to you, it's an EXE file but it doesn't run, you have to extract it as if it was a ZIP file.

Snake: Sorry, I hadn't seen the attachmente.

talk to you later.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 3:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-03-17 11:11 AM

i too have monopoly, came with my phenom express but it is SH3 only and no idea if it runs on CE2, i should try

It does.

I'll go looking through my WinCE app CDs again and see what I can pull up for CE 2.0
 Top of the page
Julie Anderson
Julie Anderson Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 11:54 AM
#
I just bought a used Jornada 720 for my son--mainly for typing what most kids write. I really wanted to install Adobe Acrobat Reader for him but just can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 12:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Julie, just a friendly administrator nudge here.

This is the Windows CE 2.0 section of this forum, this and the original thread topic is totally unrelated to your request. In the interest of keeping this forum in an assembalge of order. Please consider where you are posting. This sort of request belongs in the HPC2000 section, and you should know that I'm notorious for being mean to thread-hijackers.

If neither verson in the downloads section resolves you problem and you cannot find anything after a board search, please start a new thread.

Back to CE2.0.
 Top of the page
Julie
Julie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 10:46 PM
#
Sorry, this is based on my ignorance, not trying to be a "thread hijacker".
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 10:44 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I've got some Philips Velo 2.0 apps that might be of interest. PM me when you might need them. Don't forget that TeraTerm works well on 2.0 devices, even though built for CE 1.0 (and I've got that if you need it).

Jake

Edited by Jake 2006-03-21 10:44 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.277 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 29