x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Fat light pipe, anyone know of one?

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 1:36 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Lining up IR ports can be tedious. I was thinking there mught be a suitabke 1" diameter light pipe in various lenghts to connect IR ports.

Anyone know of such a thing?

Top of the page
Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 1:49 AM
#
It's not something I am familiar with. I guess it wouldn't be difficult to fabricate one of your own if you knew exactly what you were after?

I am assuming you are wanting to make sure all the little remotes are running happly from emitter to receiver.

Not to state the bleeding obvious, but have you put both IR emitter/recievers so close to each other they are not far from actually touching? This would be something I would try first before resorting to something like a light pipe.

Edited by Britty 2006-03-17 1:54 AM
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 2:54 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Are you looking for something for TV/DVD control purposes or for PDA to PDA or PDA to PC communication? For TV control purposes, I have a IR rebroadcaster device. You can point your remote in its general direction, press a button and the rebroadcaster receives the IR code, converts it into a RF signal that can easily punch through walls and whatnot and then you have a second IR rebroadcaster that receives the RF signal and blasts it out again. I use it to control my Tivo, which is housed in another room, but has a number of TVs slaved to it on multiple video channels.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 5:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm thinking of pda/notepad/tablet IR.

Some IR port are in impossible places. When the two devices get lined up you have yo be a contoronist to access either keyboard to start transders. My litroees are the worst with their IR port recessed within the docking station.

I wonder is\f that auto trim roper they use for cars is sujitable.
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 6:20 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Anything that transmits the visual light spectrum isn't necessarily going to be any good with IR.
Seems like an awful lot of effort, but my attempts at getting some use from IR have been poor so far.

edit: If you have a camcorder, use its CCD to look at the IR being transmitted. You might find you have a weak diode (or something). It works viewin my 720 transmitting but I hate to judge the quality of the signal from it.
good luck anyway.

Edited by jpfx 2006-03-17 6:41 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.158 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 30