x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opening a new in box J720. (Pics)

1 2
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 10:48 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't know how many of you have gotten to open a brand new HPC, so I thought I'd share the experience. For most of us buying these when they were new was cost prohibitive so here's what you missed.
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 10:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Needless to say I'm currently in HPC heaven.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 11:07 PM
#
WOW. These should be in the HPC bible or something...
Quick! Capture the new HPC fumes and make a cologne out of it!
How much did you pay for a new Jornada? And where did you find it?

HPC bible? What am I thinking? Lol. I can just imagine the preacher... "Turn with me if you will, to 1st Pegasus Chapter 12, verse 18. Thou shalt remember to backup thy data every day..."
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 11:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

what the heck? Is HP releasing their spares to market?
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 11:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

There were two for sale on Ebay through ISOLDITCT, strangely they both sold for the same amount $305.00.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Maul

Breaking the seal destroyed the value of your 720. j/k. But a diehard collector might have paid huge bucks for a sealed 720. Maybe not this year but a few years down the road.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 12:08 AM
#
Are you sure? Seriously, there's something about the recent sudden price drop that tells me that even new in the box, it's not that rare. If HP is going to start releasing their new units to sellers, then in the near future, we'll all be using new-in-box Jornadas as doorstops...
Roric Savior
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 12:50 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I didn't buy it to resell, I bought it to finally have a mint unit. And after buying three so called "mint " units this was the only way to gurantee one. Plus opening one of these up new is just the coolest thing.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 9:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-03-18 5:12 AM

what the heck? Is HP releasing their spares to market?

they have been doing that for a while now...

anyway Maul, nice pics!!

i got my J680 and J728 in the original boxes but they weren't new of course my first J720 came without any box... and my second 720 was revived from two dead 720's. (but it looks better cosmetically than my first and way cheaper - less than 45$)

hmm, hmm, these pics.. tempting me. i might try and get a sealed jornada once... would certainly make a great item in my collection but i won't pay thousands of $$ for it..
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 10:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

beeutiful
 Top of the page
blackwidow
blackwidow Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 11:34 AM
#
one word boys, Overstock.com
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Interesting... the 728 box seems to be different - narrower and taller. There is an extra shelf at the top for the manuals. I managed to stuff the Linksys WiFi card package in there and put the manuals outside when I sent it away cmonex still has that box? Is it like my ex too?

blackwidow, overstock.com only sells factory reconditioned Jornadas. Meaning they are used, and no where near the conditions of a brand new unit.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 2:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I can only dream about having new in box 720s, 728s, Mobilepros and Intermecs. BTW, have any NIB MPs surfaced recently (other than 900 series). I did see a NIB Intermec on ebay a couple years back. I don't remember the price.

edit: Maul, is it a North American model or Asian? I ask because I see kanji (?) on one of the packages.

Edited by wallythacker 2006-03-18 2:52 PM
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 2:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

US as far as I can tell, its sitting happily in my new OtterBox, which I highly recommend to Jornada owners.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 9:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-03-18 5:55 PM

Interesting... the 728 box seems to be different - narrower and taller. There is an extra shelf at the top for the manuals. I managed to stuff the Linksys WiFi card package in there and put the manuals outside when I sent it away cmonex still has that box? Is it like my ex too?

umm, yes i still have the J728 box. it is indeed smaller but taller than the j720 box - i have that too. the j680 box is the most clumsy one, it isnt much larger than j720's but somehow it looks like that way... or maybe i feel so only because i had to carry two of those j680 boxes on a train and then all over the city full of j680's and accessories
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.335 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 14