x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pictures: Samsung Nexio VS Nintendo DS

takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 12:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Just got a Nexio, and as I was "field testing" it in the living room, a kid with a DS came over, just hanging out. I told him there's a new DS coming out, the DS Lite. He heard of it, but never saw it. So I just loaded up some websites on the Nexio to enlighten young grasshopper. After drooling over the DS Lite images, he noticed my Nexio is almost the same size as his DS. Then my camera mysteriously showed up...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 2:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I never would have guessed they're so close in size. Pretty neat.

Was Grasshopper impressed enough to want a Nexio? I should ask, did you load an emulater on the Nexio and left Grasshopper play some Mario?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 9:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Nah, the Nexio doesn't have the proper buttons/keys to play emulators unfortunately. And Grasshopper is too young to appreciate everything else these devices can do. He uses his dad's 15 inch laptop only for online games

However I think the layout is pretty decent for Quake or Doom, with a stylus area on the right, and arrows and shoot button on the left. I might try it some day. Who needs Metroid Hunters eh? Grasshopper does have Hunters demo that came with his DS, which we both enjoy, so perhaps Quake would interest him too... if it wasn't for the ESRB rating
http://www.esrb.org/search_results.asp?key=quake&type=game&validateSearch=1

Edited by takwu 2006-03-18 9:21 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 11:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh, give Grasshopper a couple years and he'll be asking how much you want for your Nexio

Did I read somewhere a browser was available for the DS? And does the DS have wifi built in?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 11:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes DS has standard WiFi and Opera is recently realeased for it in Japan. You do need to purchase the card though.

A couple years? Wouldn't he want a UMPC then?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 12:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Maybe, but maybe they'll flop and disappear
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.179 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9