x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I bought a J720 here that the seller didn't tell me three things.

1. No Stylus
2. Mic sounds like crap after recording
3. Infrared doesn't work.

Being a HPC freak and all I really didn't mind after my discoveries even though I have not seen the stylus yet after he said he will send it.

How can I find the problem of the infrared without opening the unit. I was looking to see if any folders was missing and done the hard rest after the discovery.

Any suggestions wouold help as I might sell the unit to a person who want on really bad . I have another one (had this one for 5 years) but one of the screws fell out some how , the screw hold the monitor in placeon the left side.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2006-03-18 1:48 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 2:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well, Have you contacted the vendor about the IR and mic issues? You've sorted out the stylus, good thing.

C:amie has said to put a tv remote in front of the IR and push the buttons on it quickly and see if the IR on the hpc respinds in any way.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 3:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It isn't going to be a missing driver issue. You don't lose file from hard coded ROM chips just like that.
I'm afraid that almost certainly it'll be an internal issue. There are known design flaws with the IR integrity after prolonged use of the unit. Have a search of the board for a post by Chiark, who discovered that a surface mount had falled off of his device.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

C:amie, ty for the IR tip. It may explain why I didn't have any luck using IR to AS with 95, lol
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 9:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I tried to use on my HP 450 deskjet printer with infrared and nothing. It seems I have to open it or send it away. or take that one screw out for my oldie and keep the other for parts.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11