x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

External Bluetooth Keyboard

Stevie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 2:31 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi, I have just been trying out a Freedom external bluetooth keyboard connected to a PPC for a friend. Great little product as it works with Pc's as well as a host of other devices, see http://freedominput.com/mainsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=34
I then thought I'd try to connect it to my Jornada 720 using the PPC drivers as an alternative to the HP external Keyboard. Software installed ok (PPC CE3.0 version) with the 720 being detected by the installer and no error messages.
Now the problems begin.
I can see the device using my socket bluetooth adapter and it connects ok but no input is received from the keyboard. When I run Executability Check on the .exe file (btshortcut.exe) that is loaded at startup I get an error '\windows\coredll.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 1645'. Anyone have any ideas? do I need to edit the .exe file?
It would be nice to get it working as a cheaper and more flexible alternative to the HP keyboard.
Thanks
Stevie
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ive never seen any problem with a missing coredll 1645, but still, it may get in your way... we can try to sort it out, drop me a PM

a question: is there any other executables for this driver? (i mean DLL files either in the program's local dir or in \Windows)
 Top of the page
Stevie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 1:59 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Seems to only be two dll's..
BtCoreIf.dll
BtSdkCE30.dll
and one exe...
BTShortcut
Execheck specifically refers to \windows\coredll.dll even though I am running from a different folder on a storage card.
I'll PM you tomorrow as I don't have the files to hand today.
IIRC there are SH3 drivers as well.
Stevie
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 2:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Stevie - 2006-03-19 7:59 PM

Seems to only be two dll's..
BtCoreIf.dll
BtSdkCE30.dll
and one exe...
BTShortcut
Execheck specifically refers to \windows\coredll.dll even though I am running from a different folder on a storage card.
I'll PM you tomorrow as I don't have the files to hand today.
IIRC there are SH3 drivers as well.
Stevie

oops, you should not have installed the driver to a storage card. reinstall it to RAM

thanks for the files in advance

(SH3 wont work though)
 Top of the page
Stevie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 8:49 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hmmm, I seem to have lots of files starting with 'bt' in my windows folder . Most of them will be the socket bluetooth drivers I think. The keyboard software install is performed from the PC end via activesync but without putting a .cab file in the activesync folder so it is difficult to see what it is installing. I am going to try again with a fresh install on a 720 that has been hard reset to find out for sure.
Stevie
 Top of the page
wb0gaz Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 4:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Stevie, I am glad you asked about this! I have the same interest... I've picked up two BT keyboards recently (for other devices) - a freedom mini and a nokia su-8w; it appears there are some key-mapping differences (when used with a nokia 6682 symbian cell phone) but either keyboard will work (with minor differences) with either driver. This tells me if a bluetooth keyboard driver can be made to work on the jornada, it may open the way to several different types of keyboards. Good luck! -- Dave
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11