x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sepang F1 race

1 2
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 2:13 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I stayed up for this?

KR didn't get a single lap in before he got hit from behind and spun out. I hope the rest of the race isn't a demolition derby. I was hoping for intense racing.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 10:45 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

wallythacker - 2006-03-19 1:13 AM

I stayed up for this?

KR didn't get a single lap in before he got hit from behind and spun out. I hope the rest of the race isn't a demolition derby. I was hoping for intense racing.

I was extremely irritated with Mr. Klein this morning after watching him punt Kimi. As the saying goes, you don't win the race on the first lap. All he needed to do was be patient.

This new quailifying is risky. If you pack on the fuel - as McLaren loves to do because their chassis can handle it - you end up P4-P8, right in the middle of idiot land.

At least McLaren was reliable in this two race cycle engine wise. Montoya's uninspiring drives withstanding, it is clear the car has pace...

Now we wait and see if the FIA bans the Ferrari front wing - and strips them of points....
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 3:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Idiot land. what an apt term, These are supposedly the best drivers in the world. I have my doubts after watching all the hits.

It would be amazing for the FIA to rescind the Ferrari points. As if Ferrari doesn't have enough issues to deal with.

Overall, it seems like several cars have the pace. It might be a great year of action.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 5:46 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ferrari will walk clear - trust me.

They are Ferrari and can do no wrong.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Sadly I agree. If it were a smaller team the points would be yanked in a second, but oh no, we can't anger Ferrari and their fans. God forbid Fiat pulls their funding.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 6:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

If they deem the wing illegal then they will have to ban them for at least two races and strip them of points - either that or they will have to apologize to BAR-Honda for last year's fuel tank episode.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 6:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

And if the FIA doesn't ban the wings the other teams will be free to adopt them. I'm interested how this plays out. I'd like to see Ferrari pay the price for bending the rules.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 6:36 PM
#
wallythacker - 2006-03-19 2:13 AM

I stayed up for this?

Quit complaining... I actually paid good money, endured traffic jams and braved the heat to watch a really dull race....

Sorry to say this, but the atmosphere was just not as exciting as if ferrari was winning, Malaysia being such a Ferrari fan club and all...

Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 7:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

alfabob - 2006-03-20 5:36 PM
Quit complaining... I actually paid good money, endured traffic jams and braved the heat to watch a really dull race....

Sorry to say this, but the atmosphere was just not as exciting as if ferrari was winning, Malaysia being such a Ferrari fan club and all...

Well being the McLaren fan I am I have to say I'm glad the Reds have some challenges now.

It seemed that the crowds were lower than last year there. Was that true or what it just where I was looking on the TV shots?

Did you get any good snaps to post up? I always love a good F1 pic even if the race sucked!

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 7:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

alphabob, you were there? Wow. Hat's off to you. Will you be attending Austrailia?

The only F1 races I have been to were at Mosport and Watkins Glen. And they were a long time ago. I still have vivid memories of parts of them even though I was a youngster.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 11:42 PM
#
Holy Crap!! Mosport and Wakins Glen.. man!!! That sure is a long time ago... Yeah.. I went to the Sepang race, since Sepang is only 45mins away from where I'm staying. The crowds were probably a little bit less, but the grandstand was pretty full. I don't know, but the race this time was just not as exciting as the previous years... Part of it because Ferrari is not so dominant, and the static displays were not quite as exciting as before too. I think the biggest reason is we're all still trying to adjust to recent fuel price hike, Malaysia subsidises petrol and diesel and theres been a recent hike not too long ago. People haven't gotten over it still..

I took a couple of snaps, but the camera I borrowed was pretty crappy. Need to have a look at the images before posting them...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 1:45 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yea, I'm dating myself a bit eh? I was just a wee lad but my Dad was good enough to take me to see the races. I guess I didn't stop hounding him until he agreed to take me to the race.

I may attend Montreal this year. It depends. If the competition is keen and anyone can win the crown I may go. If it appears to be a runaway year for {insert team here} I won't bother.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 11:48 PM
#
Well.. I think its pretty interesting this year. The Asian teams look to be at their most competitive since starting out in F1. Both Honda and Toyota did well at Sepang, so who knows??
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Agreed, Honda is hot and Toyota is making headway. More competition is great for the fans.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 5:29 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I took a couple of snaps, but the camera I borrowed was pretty crappy. Need to have a look at the images before posting them...

Any success? Crappy or not I can always look at the beauty of F1
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 8