x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

"Us" compared to "Them"

1 2
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 3:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

philosophy time for me:

Do consumers have soooo many choices in goods (and wait symbols lol) just to distract us from the meaningful things in life? Are we offfered so much consumer junk so we'll disasocciate ourselves from the world?

After all, I have more choice in colors for a new car then I do in in choosing a political party. Same thing is true for my US friends and most others living in the "free" world. When you don't really have a choice is that a choice?

philosophy off.

Yep, a folding keyboard for a ppc is, umm, questionable at the least. Add your ppc charger, sync cable, a few flash cards, gps , carry case, and whattya know, you now have a hpc, almost !
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 3:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think by that stage you have a laptop don't you?

One might conclude that it is evocative of the affluence in our lifestyles that we have the free time in our day to be concerned with such frivolities when there are people out there in the world doing nothing with their day other than work, eat, sleep and try desperately to escape from that cycle.

It may well be an excellent case; however it is not one that I am prepared to let myself lose sleep over. If escapism for some is tinkering with their wait symbols, then by Joe let them tinker.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 3:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yep, you've got a laptop with all the junk to carry around.

I agree totally, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. My hpc tinkering is probably as symptomatic of other issues as their ppc tinkering.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 3:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think in my case it boarders on OCD, tehehe. Wth Cmonex of course it already is OCD - lol (j/k)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 3:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

um, well, the looks does matter for a hpc!!! i dont care about my pc (ok it is a nice black but it wasnt me who chose that..).

didnt understand the keyboard part

edit: ok i see new posts since then.

ocd: no, that is something else. i know, sadly. (i just have to look at one of my close relatives.. )

hmmm, what else did i want to say...

C:Amie - 2006-03-20 9:30 PM

I think by that stage you have a laptop don't you?

One might conclude that it is evocative of the affluence in our lifestyles that we have the free time in our day to be concerned with such frivolities when there are people out there in the world doing nothing with their day other than work, eat, sleep and try desperately to escape from that cycle.

It may well be an excellent case; however it is not one that I am prepared to let myself lose sleep over. If escapism for some is tinkering with their wait symbols, then by Joe let them tinker.

haha.

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-20 3:54 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 4:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'll be the first to say I'm glad this isn't the Industrial Revolution era. I don't think I'd fancy being 5 years old working underground in a coal mine for 16 hours a day. So I have the freedom to waste my time with gadgets.

So all things considered, what do I care what other people do with their time? If they want their wait symbol to be Barney or the SS deathhead it's up to them.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 4:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It depends... you might own the coal mine, and we could all be slacking off playing with wait symbols!

... just a thought.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 5:05 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol, I'd have to be one sharp kid to be the owner of the mine at 5 years of age. But if I was you can bet you slackers would be hard at work swinging a pick at the face.

No coal = no soup for you !
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8