x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bye bye overloard!

1 2
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 11:14 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Wessex_nut - 2006-03-20 11:20 AM

Well, after all that, my father then wants to keep it. I didn't see or smell smoke, but the light flicker, which indicates there is life in that little universe.
The computer still lingers on, no keyboard, no ram, no hard drive, no CD drive, its like a corpse atm. Oh well.
Sounds like me I have 5-6 laptops in storage that are no longer in working condition. I just can't seem to get rid of them.
 Top of the page
Jorkapp Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 11:45 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yoldering: I'll take them off your hands if you're willing to pay shipping to me (I can provide an address via PM if you want to get a rate). I could try and piece at least one together to work, and if all else fails, there's a recycling center nearby.

Edited by Jorkapp 2006-03-24 11:45 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 6:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Actually I'm one to talk I have a cupboard full of dead / quasi operational laptops ranging from 386's to P3's
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 6:01 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Jorkapp - 2006-03-24 10:45 PM

Yoldering: I'll take them off your hands if you're willing to pay shipping to me (I can provide an address via PM if you want to get a rate). I could try and piece at least one together to work, and if all else fails, there's a recycling center nearby.
I don't want to get rid of them. Sorry Jorkapp, because if I did I would sale them. What I meant to say was that I can't bring myself to get rid of them.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 7:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm proud to say I housecleaned two years ago and got rid of (almost) all my obsolete, dust-covered, space wasting computers and associated parts. It was a nice feeling dumping all the junk that did nothing but occupy space.

All that's left is stuff I use with a couple of minor exceptions. And I'm actively trying to downsize that too.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 8:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-03-26 1:27 AM
And I'm actively trying to downsize that too.

yeah for example one of those nice librettos?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 10:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

BIG mistake on my part. While waiting for my Amity tablet from ebay I decided to goof about a bit with 95/98 which is on my Librettos to test some things out. Before that they were gathering dust, and slated to get sold.

Between my Librettos and 486 Amity my hpcs have been sadly neglected. (yep, 486 Amity. I think I win the contest for posting from the lowest powered pc, but it rips with IE 502.)

And the discovery of the serial-usb gadget and the 16 bit usb card your friend has made me think twice about dumping the Librettos, sorry

Edited by wallythacker 2006-03-25 10:51 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10