x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem with IRDA sync and HP320LX

timvenn Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 8:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello, I have recently aquired an HP320LX without the serial sync cable. I thought "no problem just used irda". I am running windows 2000 and have a kingsun 959 use to irda converter that does see my nokia 3650 and will send and recieve files so I do not see the irda running at 115200bps as the problem. My 320LX has the wince 2 upgrade rom. After a full system reset I have gone to the communcations control panel option and checked that the irda is being used for the pclink. When I run the pclink program option from the program files it shows the icon on the PC in the bottom right hand corner and also identifies the name of the 320LX when I hover over the PC icons with the mouse. However I cannot get the 320LX to sync. It just retries the host connection 3 times and then cancels the connection. I can also not send files via irda from the 320LX explorer. I have also tried each of the irda speed settings but still no luck. Any toughts. This is driving me mad and I am starting to think the irda on the 320LX is faulty. Having said that I cannot understand why the PC is able to see the name of the 320LX that I choose in the control panel ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tim
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 9:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

First off you need to install ActiveSync 3.8 onto your PC in order to connect. http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=7
As to the file issue, you cannot beam files to the H/PC to a PC directly. You need an obex utility - IrOBEX and TotalCommander are both programs which provide this. http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=129
 Top of the page
timvenn Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 1:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks. TotalCommander has now confirmed that my irda is working. I have installed ActiveSync 3.8. The communications option in the control panel is set to irda. Am I correct that I need to initiate a "PC Link" from the program files at the same time as allowing the PC ActiveSync to locate new devices ? If this is the case then there is still a problem. It only shows that there is a device in range but will not communicate or "detect" the device from within ActiveSync.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
 Top of the page
timvenn Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 1:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, Finally got it working. Firstly I needed to get a patch from HP to allow me to default the ActiveSync to COM1 so that I could manually set it to the irda port THEN.... I needed to allow ActiveSync access thorugh my ZoneAlarm installtion

It is working and all is well. Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 1:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

heh, I had this whole thread written out explaining how you needed to check your firewall settings and then my email chimed that you had re-replied. *doh*

Anyway, glad that you got it working. Was this patch for your PC?

By the way, you can edit threads instead of double posting (which there is a rule agianst here)
 Top of the page
timvenn Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 2:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, I got it from the HP site. It forces the ActiveSync to use COM1. When I had a 3630 Ipaq around 2001 I had to use this with ActiveSync 3.5 and Windows XP to get it to see the serial port connection.

Top of the page
timvenn Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 2:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

FYI for the HP patch. Cannot remember the URL

SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP18327
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: iPAQ H3100/H3600 Fix for First Time Serial Connection to Windows 2000/NT 4.0

Hope this helps someone else with the same issues.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 2:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Interesting, I had not seen that before. Thanks

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handhelds/us/download/10469.html
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9