x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 7:47 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

So if you have been playing with H/PCs (or PCs in general) for a long time, you know the treasure trove that is the Registry! You can really change the way your device functions, behaves, etc with just a few tweaks and a good Registry Editor.

So share the wealth. What are your favorite registry hacks?

Be sure to post the key where it can be found so others can enjoy it!

Note: I or HPC:Factor don't provide technical support for any registry hacks you make that render your device, erm, non functional and require a hard-reset. You are on your own brother!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 8:19 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Come on guys, share some of your uberdoober ultra secret hacks with the rest of us. Especially the hack to load a cash card in the 720 Smartcard slot, lol.
 Top of the page
scharfshutze Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 9:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Wish I had some to give. I dont really meddle with the registry much. (Only if I want something to start up on start.)

But I would love to hear what you guys do!
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 10:41 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hmmm, besides registry hacks to assist in repair of the WiFi system I've only really done a cross-reg of a file type and turning off screen animations on my CE2.0 660LX. Disabling the animations certainly helps with speed.

As for PC...well, that's a whole different ballgame. I probably have billions locked up in my tiny, little pea brain My favorites are me removing virii manually, but that reg tutorial could be a college course in itself, really (no, I don't run a AV program but I don't need it personally - I only have to remove virii from *other* people's computers). The virus hack that disables Network Neighborhood browsing has to be my favorite Very "cute", really annoying.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 11:40 AM
#
The icon-change "hack" is quite good (search the forum for "longhorn skin".
The animation one is also quite good for performance.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 1:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i just do the animation hack,

if someone doesn't know about it: navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/GWE here make a new DWORD, name Animate value 0

sometimes i do the icon name colour hack which makes the desktop look prettier if you have a background image in there (if you don't, don't do the hack), HKLM/System/GWE and there SysColor or whatever, the 5th-8th hexas should be changed to FF FF FF FF. desappear does the same though. but i dont like desappear, it just doesn't want to work for me.

on my 900c i also need to disable the card battery warning but i'm lazy and do it with smalltweak
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 3:41 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

The transparent icon text labels was a cute tweak - thanks. Just wish I could also set font color separate as well but it it automatic Still, the tweak looks nice.
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 3:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

wallythacker - 2006-03-20 7:19 PM

Come on guys, share some of your uberdoober ultra secret hacks with the rest of us. Especially the hack to load a cash card in the 720 Smartcard slot, lol.

I need that! or better yet give the hack that causes the 720 to dispense cash from the Smartcard slot without using my card!
 Top of the page
Jorkapp Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 12:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

A bit of hackery on my little H/PC - I modified the registry key for WorldTALK's User Agent to be identical to Firefox 1.5.0.1. I can now do things I couldn't even begin to imagine with PIE3.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 2:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Jorkapp's tweak can be found at:
HKCU\Software\TNIK\WorldTALK\Misc

The UserAgent string value
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Jorkapp, you're on the ball.

What extras can Worldtalk do with the change of useragent? More secure sites?
 Top of the page
Jorkapp Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 7:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't know exactly, I don't do much internet browsing on my H/PC. It did stop some sites from redirecting me to mobile/text-only versions.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 7:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Good enough for me. I dislike the re-direction to mobile sites.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12