x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What is your favorite (favourite) tea?

1 2 3
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 9:14 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

wallythacker - 2006-03-24 8:07 AM

White tea? As in lots of milk? I had tons of white coffee when I was in the UK so I'm guessing here.

Yup, exactly.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 10:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ah, that's the way I love it. Almost as much milk as tea. I go trhough a quart of milk a day in my teas.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 11:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No no no, horrible. The milk dilutes the aroma of the tea. I only have it with the slightest dash of milk, a mere hint in fact.

And milk with a Grey tea.. ug, how horrendus.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 12:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm with you on the Grey tea. I put milk in one and it was awful. My Dad drinks tea like you do. Just a hint of milk and he's happy, no sugar for him. He grew up without sugar.

I also learned milk and lemon don't like each other.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 12:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh, sugar adds a tastebud sensation, ruins the subtlty of the tea experience. Can't be dealing with that.
 Top of the page
mewiedman Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 1:03 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Actually, White Tea refers to tea with the least processing - and hence the most anti-oxidants. Then comes green tea with less oxidants and finally black tea. I believe they go in the opposite direction for caffeine content - black with the most and white with the least. If you are really concerned about caffeine, there are naturally decaffeinated green teas and herbal teas. There are also Rooribos based teas, and much, much more!

Earl Grey is my favorite morning tea, but my overall favo(u)rite is Bigelow's Lemon Lift.

Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice is presently my most liked Herbal Tea.

If you can't tell, I like 'em all!

I limit myself to one teaspoon of raw sugar per mug (usually 16 oz) at home and try to go without sugar at all at work.

Milk I usually save for the chai type teas.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 1:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I certainly don't doubt your accuracy there, but come to the UK and ask for white tea, and you'll get black tea with milk in it. International semantics can be interesting. I'd give some more examples, but I can only think of ones which are crude in some cultures :laughs:
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10