x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Skype and other VoIP phones

vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-04 11:22 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Has someone tried to install Skype? Is it possible, at all? I've also tried to install Skype directly to a Pocket PC (not PocketPC 2003!) and it did not work! There is only a PocketPC 2003 version. I've tried to copy required DLLs from a Pocket PC and found out that this is not such a simple copy-and-paste activity (or am I wrong?). How can one get these DLLs?

By the way, I tried the SJ Phone, version 1.13 which works fine (I only tested with H.323). I also succesfully installed the WiFive H.323 IP Phone for PPC - I needed to add the following DLLs: aygshell.dll, mfcce300.dll, coredll.dll and olece300.dll. Nyditot needed

Skype would be great! What do you think, is there any hope?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-04 1:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

When it comes to resource hacking you need to get down and dirty with the binary. You need to get in there with a hex editor and replace the necessaries with new pointer references as well as potentiallt stub files.

As HPC2000 is Windows CE 3 based and WM2003 is a CE4 based system the chance that you can hack it over is exceptionally slim. Given the complexity of such an application, and the possibility that it is depending on some of the CE4 VoIP and IP technologies that do not exist in CE3. It may be a futile attempt to try it.

A PPC2000 or 2002 version, and there is more hope.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-04 3:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't like your answer but I expected that CE4 SW probbably can not run on CE3.

Anyway, what is the way to copy DLLs like aygshell.dll which are in ROM + hidden + system etc. Resco Explorer told me it could not "move" such fiels.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-04 3:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I can provide you with an asnwer you would like if you want - it wouldn't be the truth mind!
lol

Easy, you don't. They're OS protected. You need to obtain them through other means. The MFC comes with the developer tools. The others you need a platform builder.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-04 4:31 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks for the answer (I prefer the truth. So, this is the wall. Well, I've got from Jornada more or less everything what I expected (mobilyty, connectivity, 1 kg in my luggage...). Skype would be great but is not something that I could not live without.

I can not connect to my bank because I can not import certificates (or can I?); this is something I am missing. But if I decided for PocketPC 2003 I wouldn't be able to type - at least not longer texsts.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-04 4:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

vjurkas,

What is the log-in URL of your eBank?
Let me have a look at their security certificate, perhaps I can do something.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-04 8:12 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

If you looked more carefully on the skype site, you would have found a version for older ppc's. I have it but am yet to test it. (Still dealing with not being able to use KwiDDCE for editing adobe.)
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-05 11:03 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have browsed the Skype pages carefully and the only version for PPC found was 1.0.0.21. I also have 1.0.0.14 which I actually tried. The only interesting thing I found, was Developer's entry where one can probbably download the complete source. I did not check but it was understood so.

Have I overlooked something? How old is your version? I've found Release Notes which begin in April or May 2004. Before that it was beta. I understood (quick check through their forum) that other than PPC2003 was never supported.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-05 11:05 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C-Amie - 2005-01-04 4:41 PM

vjurkas,

What is the log-in URL of your eBank?
Let me have a look at their security certificate, perhaps I can do something.

I'll send it in a private e-mail. This does not fit well under the Skype thread I can open a new thread, if necessary. Thanks for help!
 Top of the page
|--LuMeN--|
|--LuMeN--| Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 11:45 AM
#
Does it works??
Ce 4.1
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 12:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

|--LuMeN--|,

This is the HPC2000 forum, and you've just started your own thread in the CE 4 area. Please do not multi-post on the forum, especially in the wrong topic.
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 1:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Lots of PPC2002 devices floating around out there.. You'd think Skype would want to port it to that platform to expand the market.. Then we can hack it to HPC use!
 Top of the page
willdao Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 11:41 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

"I can provide you with an asnwer you would like if you want - it wouldn't be the truth mind!
lol "

C: Amie, this is as far down in the posts as I got, before spewing Coke...yeah, out the nostrils!

This is "so you!"

I love it! THIS is why I come back here, even when I don't have any particular prob's., and everything with my J720 is pretty much fine! Damned fine drollity, I say!

willdao
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 7:14 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Zapper - 2005-07-24 6:23 PM

Lots of PPC2002 devices floating around out there.. You'd think Skype would want to port it to that platform to expand the market.. Then we can hack it to HPC use!

Or, if we get a whole community backing and request a CE Core 3 Skype API

Nick
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.294 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 20