x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Got my 2gb CF card today

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 10:03 PM
#
H/PC Elder

It came from a member here.

It's nice being able to load all the important stuff on the card and having lots of room to spare.

If I could afford it I'd buy a 2gb card for several of my hpcs. In Canada it's tough to find a 2gb CF card for <$150. Or I haven't looked hard enough. In any case, I wince at the thought of paying more for a storage card than the cost of a hpc.

It isn't right
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 10:18 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yes, they are expensive, do any of you HPCs support USB host, because 6 GB flash drives are about 150.00 USD..
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-22 10:33 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes Joseph, my Intermecs support USB hosting. I currently use a 20gb RCA jukebox with them. The jukebox is bulky but indispensable at times.

In Canada we just wait until CF prices drop to an affordable level or buy from our American friends when we can.

In an ideal world each of my hpcs would have their own 2gb CF card. But I make do with my CF cards ranging from 64mb to the 2gb one. That reminds me, I have to remove a 4gb MD from a housing to see if it will work in a hpc.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 8:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Interesting . I just cannot believe that CE 2.0 does not support FAT 32
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 9:56 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Try Costco. I bought a 2 gig card about two weeks ago for $99Cdn.

Rick

wallythacker - 2006-03-22 10:03 PM

It came from a member here.

It's nice being able to load all the important stuff on the card and having lots of room to spare.

If I could afford it I'd buy a 2gb card for several of my hpcs. In Canada it's tough to find a 2gb CF card for <$150. Or I haven't looked hard enough. In any case, I wince at the thought of paying more for a storage card than the cost of a hpc.

It isn't right
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 4:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

That's decent price in CDN $. I don't shop Costco anymore. They're out of the way for me. My membership expired ages back.

My Staples won't pricematch with Costco. The give some bogus excuse.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 4:23 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

wallythacker - 2006-03-22 9:03 PM

It isn't right

Not sure if this will help but....

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=152/form_keyword=2GB Compact Flash/popup2[]=45:207

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 6:05 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Thanks Clinton, it helped. Problem is though, getting a deal like this shipped to Canda

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Seagate_4_0GB_CompactFlash_Photo_Hard_Drive,__14192063/search=2GB

will cost $70 more if UPS/Fedex handle it. Couriers charge illegal brokerage fees to clear duty and tax free items. It really steams me.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 8:40 AM
#
H/PC Elite

wallythacker - 2006-03-24 5:05 AM

Thanks Clinton, it helped. Problem is though, getting a deal like this shipped to Canda

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Seagate_4_0GB_CompactFlash_Photo_Hard_Drive,__14192063/search=2GB

will cost $70 more if UPS/Fedex handle it. Couriers charge illegal brokerage fees to clear duty and tax free items. It really steams me.

Send me a private message or catch me on MSN Messenger (ID is on my profile).

Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 8:43 AM
#
H/PC Elite

wallythacker - 2006-03-24 5:05 AM

BTW - I ordered one of those drives yesterday I will post up how it performs, especially on the battery impact. From what I've read, this drive is far more efficent on the battery (about 1000mA versus some Hard Drives in the 1400mA range).

I should have it mid week next week.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 8:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nice going on the 2 gig.

Are you a movie watcher on the H/PC, music may be? I guess my question is: "What are you planning on doing with all this freedom?"
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 9:00 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I can't say I'm into hpc movies. I should get into those and TV episodes more. Then I'm not tied to the house to watch something I recorded.

I have a few hundred mb of favorite songs I like to have with me when I'm travelling. Believe it or not, I don't have an FM radio or cd player in my truck. I figured why bother? It has a terrible AM radio I don't like listening to. I'd rather have portable music with me.

Even though my hpcs are set up to my liking I'd prefer to carry my arm archive on my arm machines, mips archive on my mips machines and so on. I generally need something I haven't installed from time to time, but it's never the same thing I need, figures.

I do have plenty of maps in a variety of formats. They eat up the space pretty fast. 2gb provides enough space for my needs with a healthy margin. 4gb, wow, I'd be good for a long time with that.

Clinton, I'll PM you later today after things here quiet down, thanks for helping out.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11