x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The intolerable ebay wait...

1 2 3
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:17 AM
#
H/PC Elder

To add insult to mental injury (my cabin fever) it feels like everything I bought on ebay recently is taking forrrrrreeeeveeeer to get here.

Each day I dutifully check my mail for a Canada Post delivery notice or wait for the UPS guy to bang on the door. (I used to have an adorable UPS gal, I wonder if I bought junk just to see her, lol.)

If overnight express (all of the carriers) wasn't so crazy expensive I'd get everything shipped that way to avoid the delay.

Here's hoping something arrives tomorrow.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I've been waiting for several days for my 6651 and some software. Well, as they say, good things come to those who wait.

(BTW, wally, slow down on the posts - you're getting real close to 1337.)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:25 AM
#
H/PC Elder

And the old "if it's worth having it's worth waiting for."

What do I do when I hit 1337? All that hard-earned uberness is lost with one more post
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's what screen-capture utilities are for. (ProgramSynthesiser can tell you about that.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-03-23 12:36 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Good reminder, thanks. I'll just have to keep my (sleepy) eye closely on my count.
 Top of the page
Jorkapp Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:35 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

wally, where are you ordering things from? I've ordered from both sides of the Canadian border (I'm an Ontarian myself) using the cheapest shipping all the time. Canadian orders usually only take a week / week and a half, and US orders usually 3 weeks.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:51 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The last few goodies are coming from the US south, umm, Georgia IIRC.

Many items from the US take a long time to get here, meaning they arrive on the last day to file a paypal claim for non-delivery. I'm only two hours from you but that translates into two weeks delivery time.

Oh, I should add this is only with the USPS/Canada Post team and items sent ground. USPS air works fine, UPS and other couriers are pretty fast too. But I'm betting the vendor of my last goodies shipped the slowest cheapest way.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 8:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

and what can i say? i'm used to three weeks of waiting or more.

just an example, that phenom ultra was shipped only after two weeks (lazy seller ) and it took three more for it to get here.

my strategy. don't think of the mail, don't even check it, let someone else do the checking and then they'll tell you one day "you've got new mail/packages"

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-23 8:54 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 8:57 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, I have been waiting a week or so for some things I purchased on eBay, mainly PC games, Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Borg, Quake II and Quake III Team Arena ... I sent this one seller a request for the total price, and he/she still has not sent the price and it has been a week now
EDIT: And it is hard to wait, every day I expect the package to come and it does not (I waited for the first Velo that I bought and it never came )...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-03-23 8:59 AM
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 12:44 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Having sold a few things myself, once I get paid I usually do not get the time to send the stuff, I don't like myself for it, and neither do the buyers Even though the PO is only around the corner they don't usually have the packaging there and I don't really want to make two trips. If Royal Mail had a collect service it would be great, but I bet it wouldn't be at a convienient time for me I hate the prices of the couriers, if I had the time I would start a business of my own .

Ah well, my moan of the evening

Nick
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 9:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The worst part of eBay waiting if the agony that is cheque clearing. Most sellers want three days on it, however I have encountered a few who have systematically demanded 7 days, and one who demanded 11!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 9:46 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-03-24 3:37 PM

The worst part of eBay waiting if the agony that is cheque clearing. Most sellers want three days on it, however I have encountered a few who have systematically demanded 7 days, and one who demanded 11!

use paypal.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 10:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Geez, any seller waiting two weeks to ship after getting paypaled is terrible. Paypal clears immediately, yes?

I can understand a seller waiting a couple of days for a cheque to clear, but 11 days within the country? That's insane. He can take it to the issuing bank and clear it the same day.

Now I don't hesitate to file a claim with Paypal if the item hasn't arrived within 29 days and the seller can't produce proof of shipping, (that tip thanks to Rich). After all, the seller has our money so we did our part. So the onus is on the seller to provide proof.

My latest item is only 14 days from date of purchase so I'm not concerned yet. But I want it badly hence every day seems like a week.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 2:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-03-24 6:46 AM

use paypal.

- if the seller accepts it. (A few don't - like the one who sold me the 6651.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 2:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-03-24 2:46 PM

use paypal.
That's all well and good if they accept it, however is is by no means a universal answer. I have also leared quite quickly that PayPal can be more trouble than it's worth too.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9