x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The intolerable ebay wait...

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 2:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-03-24 8:16 PM
use paypal.
That's all well and good if they accept it, however is is by no means a universal answer. I have also leared quite quickly that PayPal can be more trouble than it's worth too.

well i was just joking with that answer.

i know too well that not all sellers accept it...

what troubles were you referring to here?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 2:55 PM
#
H/PC Elder

If vendors don't take paypal I can't deal with them. Sending a money order/cheque burns up too much time for me.

I wonder why some sellers don't accept paypal from within their own country? Maybe they don't have a credit card but I doubt they don't have a bank account.

I've seen many vendors insist on bidbay, whatever that is. If they even hint at Western Union I run away.

Edited by wallythacker 2006-03-24 2:56 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 3:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Credit Cards partly, but my main prejudice is the way that they've treated one of my friends sister, which has just been awful. It's not for me to recycle the why's and wherefore's in the open though, sorry.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-03-24 8:55 PM

If vendors don't take paypal I can't deal with them. Sending a money order/cheque burns up too much time for me.

I wonder why some sellers don't accept paypal from within their own country? Maybe they don't have a credit card but I doubt they don't have a bank account.

I've seen many vendors insist on bidbay, whatever that is. If they even hint at Western Union I run away.

it is bidpay i believe, it is good for them because the buyer pays the fees........... with paypal, the seller pays it..
bidpay is OK otherwise but is slow. WU is fast, as instant as paypal, and it is OK if you can trust the seller, but only then. i've used WU, no problems with the service itself. but it isn't as convenient as paypal.
the real problem with WU is that you don't really get the protection not even up to 200$ or whatever.
oh and just to let you know bidpay is the same company as WU but ebay accepts bidpay, unlike WU.

btw i can't take paypal. my account is send only because i live in this country supposed to be part of the EU (don't know if this means anything to you all in the us and canada), so why can't we have full paypal.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-03-24 9:13 PM

Credit Cards partly, but my main prejudice is the way that they've treated one of my friends sister, which has just been awful. It's not for me to recycle the why's and wherefore's in the open though, sorry.

i can imagine what it could have been like, heard enough stories..

don't even mention credit cards.. why can't paypal UK be as nice as the US? there you can upgrade to premier for FREE.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 10:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm hesitant to upgrade my paypal. I hardly ever sell things so I don't need to receive money (and pay the fees.) There is *no* way I would ever attach a bank account to paypal, heard too many horror stories there.
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 12:46 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Um..fyi for ya all. Bidpay went out of business in December 2005. All it was was a service where you could buy money orders online and have them mailed to the seller. If any Ebay seller still has Bidpay listed Ebay will shut them down if they are reported to them.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 1:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

TY for the info. I always wondered what bidpay was. What happened? ebay tried to buy them and they said no? so ebay banned their use?
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 1:30 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Nope, they just went out of business. They were owned by Western Union. Guess it wasn't making enough money for them!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 3:38 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I didn't know that Bidpay shut down either, though it comes as little surprise - Western Union is consolidating big time, what with us computer geeks rendering the telegraph obsolete.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 3:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

...---...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 3:53 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I got a couple of Visual Basic Morse Code flashers (and a guide) just to hang onto a memory of that chapter in history. (Fitting - an obsolete code on an "obsolete" device.)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 4:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

back on track here.

I got my ebay Amity faster than I thought. 16 days from my payment. That's not shabby compared to other items I've bought.

Here's the funny part. I'll post a pic later. On the back is a sticker that says,

"Property Of Coca Cola"

I bet I could sell just the sticker on ebay to a Coke collectibles freak.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 4:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, I finally got my 6651, so I can start breathing again.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 10:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-03-26 4:38 AM

I'm hesitant to upgrade my paypal. I hardly ever sell things so I don't need to receive money (and pay the fees.) There is *no* way I would ever attach a bank account to paypal, heard too many horror stories there.

oops, good to know. (you cannot receive money from me if i happen to have to send you a payment... as you know only premier+ can accept credit card payments. it is mandatory to register with a credit card for paypal in hungary.)

wallythacker - 2006-03-27 10:32 PM

back on track here.

I got my ebay Amity faster than I thought. 16 days from my payment. That's not shabby compared to other items I've bought.

gee, same amount of average shipping/delivery time for me here in hungary...

CE Geek - 2006-03-28 10:18 AM

Well, I finally got my 6651, so I can start breathing again.

WOW and is it good? touch screen is OK?

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-28 10:19 AM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.266 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9