x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Installing NEC Clik USB driver for SH4 processor

YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 11:42 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Good morning;

I ran into your website when I was searching for a driver for USB storage devices and there was a reference to NEC Clik. I've downloaded the appropriate CAB file (I think), but I have some questions about where I should install the CAB file and then what exactly has to be done when editing the registry (haven't tried that yet!) so that the drive (driver?) shows as english instead of characters. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 11:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I would just install it into the main directory in RAM. You don't have to go into the registry to change the name from the character set; the CAB file also installs an applet for that called "Clik Tools."
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 12:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Always install drivers into the default location that pops up when you attemp to install.

I wouldn't worry about language issues for the time being, it's a cosmetic deal, and wont prevent you from experimenting.
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 5:10 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks, I downloaded the CAB file, but as the website was in Japanese it was a little hard to grasp the installation instructions. And the only other reference I had was the forum article. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 12:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Good luck, let us know how you get on, and we'll help you change the naming convention at that time if need be
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 2:27 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Good afternoon;

Sorry to take so long getting back but it took me a couple of days to locate someone with a USB key to test the software.
The software appeared to install OK, but when I attempted to test it with a Sandisk 512MB Cruzer, it was unable to locate the driver, even though I specified USB Clik. I'm wondering if there was a specific location I was supposed to install the software to and if I am using the proper address for the driver.
Any help would be appreciated.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

YOM - 2006-03-29 8:27 PM

Good afternoon;

Sorry to take so long getting back but it took me a couple of days to locate someone with a USB key to test the software.
The software appeared to install OK, but when I attempted to test it with a Sandisk 512MB Cruzer, it was unable to locate the driver, even though I specified USB Clik. I'm wondering if there was a specific location I was supposed to install the software to and if I am using the proper address for the driver.
Any help would be appreciated.

you need to install it in RAM
driver name isnt "usb clik", it is "usbclik"
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 12