x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The Nascar thread

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-25 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I thought this thread might be a good place to post our Nascar/Busch thoughts for the current season.

I'm still wiping off the tears of laughter. The Bristol track was hit with a snowstorm. Suddenly there's snowball fights, snow-wrestling, SNOWMEN! and Santa Claus appeared on the track. Drivers, crew, everyone was involved and having a riot. I never thought I'd live to see this day.

Now check out this hilarious commercial. Jr, Johnson, Gordon and Stewart toast each other at a restaurant then dump their drinks on their own heads!!! Jr. sez, "now, lets eat." OMG. ROFL. Incredibly funny. Nascar guys aren't afraid to poke fun at themselves. Really down to earth guys.

Try to imagine the prissy F1 drivers letting their hair down like the Nascar crowd. Naw, it'll never happen.

edit: I really suggest everyone watch a Nascar race and get to know some drivers and commentators. Once you do it becomes terrific entertainment.

Edited by wallythacker 2006-03-25 4:45 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 6:34 PM
#
H/PC Elder

The Bristol race just ended and was incredibly intense the last 10 laps. Lead cars were shunted out of the way left right and center
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 12:33 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Martinsville was a great race. Again, there was no clear winner until the last 3 laps. There was lots of great passing, interesting breakdowns & lead changes.

I normally don't like short track much but this was a good race.

TS won, JG second. Jr. did really well, smashed car and all.
IIRC he ran 4th. Off they go to Texas next weekend. There's usually enough excitement at Texas to make it a good show.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 3:26 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Texas was a good show. I normally don't like the Texas Motor Speedway because for years it was a lousy single groove track. There was no real excitement which is a shame for a superspeedway. Management has fixed the track and now cars can race in two, sometimes three grooves.

Again, no clear winner until the last few laps, several cars had a shot at the win.

Kasey Kahne pulled off a big win for Dodge. It's their/his second super speedway win of the year. (Atlanta was the 1st.) That boy's on a roll.

So I feel my time spent watching the race was worth it. I was entertained. I don't know how regular a viewer I'll be when our really good weather arrives and I find outdoors things to do on Sundays. I guess I'll be taping races and watching them later.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8