x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro 780 questions

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-23 5:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Your ONLY option for PDF is:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=43

Have you installed the 128-bit SSL update (see downloads in the top navigation)

Please use the forum search to look up existing topics on the 790 rom replacement.
 Top of the page
techboyftc
techboyftc Page Icon Posted 2005-03-24 2:06 AM
#
Yeah..... but....well I found that I needed to reinsert my Cisco card and re-install driver after the update. I found it wierd i also had to configure the card and then re-insert and soft boot and now can surf and log in and even network synch.AHHHH much better so now off to find out a better way to read the manuals I have in PDF.... I can convert to text but it works like crap as most of the info is picture or custom fonts... tried faxing them to the device but a 200 page document is more than 300meg... hmmmmmm any more ideas? thats why I was thinking about 790 rom doesnt adobe work on it? I am trying to figure out why the adobe avail here doesn't work as the 780 is mipps processor? any hacks or library mods avail?
 Top of the page
elecconnec
elecconnec Page Icon Posted 2005-03-24 2:25 AM
#
C:Amie - 2005-01-05 12:42 PM

With bUseful have you installed into the default install location in main RAM or into a different location / CF storage.
If CF then please uninstall and try a default reinstall. Backup programs should as a matter of course be RAM resident, it is safer.

Not to nitpick, but, if you have the backup program in RAM and have a problem that requires a hard reset when you're away from your PC (these devices are mobile after all!) then you won't have a backup program to perform a restore from!

IMHO, the backup program, if not in ROM, belongs on your CF card where you keep your backup files! (If your CF card gets trashed somehow, you've lost your restore file anyway, so losing the backup program isn't your main problem at this point!)

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-24 6:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can just connect to ActiveSync as guest and install it from the host.

The Acrobat versions here as stated on the info page are for HPC2000.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 8:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Techboy:

For PDF reader, try searching google (oh mighty oracle) for Ansyr Primer

For logging into secure sites, install "128 bit encryption pack" for H/PC. i think it's available here. If not, try this site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A091975D-5D66-4B31-B158-05BC410EFCBE&displaylang=en

About the 790 ROM, yes, it'll fit, if you get it your unit be at the same level of a 790, you gain HPC 2000 OS, which is Windows CE 3.0 core, and can run many PPC apps, while most of them won't work with your current OS (H/PC Pro as you said is 2.11 core). besides, you'll get IE 4.01 instead of PIE 3.01 (more features).

Hope this helps

[EDIT] BTW I forgot, if you upgrade to HPC2000, you can install the original Adobe Acrobat Reader for PPC's, which is faster than Ansyr Primer [/EDIT]

Edited by matrixcore 2005-04-24 8:19 PM
 Top of the page
sierraart
sierraart Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 3:16 PM
#
It sounds like everyone but me is able to replace the original schannel.dll with the new one on the nec site. I've downloaded it but my Mobilpro 780 tells me the original file is write protected or the disk is full and won't overwrite with the new file. What am I doing wrong??????
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2005-05-21 7:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hi there,
can anyone mail me this SP1 for NEC 780 (MP78_UPDATE) - I can't do this from NEC site, don't know why... Please send it to: stasheck (at) o2.pl . You'll do it and I'm all yours
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-05-21 10:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Done Stasheck
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2005-05-25 5:22 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks a lot, I owe you
 Top of the page