x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Have you ever been arrested??

[Frozen]
Frozen
Have you ever been arrested??
OptionResults
Yes0 Votes - [0%]
No7 Votes - [100%]
7 Votes [100%]

yttan10 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 9:01 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have never been arrested but yesterday I was running from the cops, that is what gave me the idea to start this poll. Don't ask me why the cops were chasing me, don't even think about it.

OMG! It's another spider! Get it off, get it off, AHHHH!!!!
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 9:25 AM
#
H/PC Elite

These polls are beginning to worry me

But no, I haven't.

Nick
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 10:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Spent a week in a Mississippi hicksville county sherrif's office jail when I was 19. Cop pulled me over, I opened my smart mouth and the next thing I knew my wallet, keys, and belt were taken from me. Never read my rights, never charged, never allowed a phone call. "We don't do things like that around here boy...you ain't got no rights." I told the sherrif that I was going to sue and contact the state attorney generals office as soon as I got out! Bad mistake.

Jail had two cells in it. Each cell held 12 bunks, all they had was a blanket on the springs, no mattress. One toilet out in the open with murky brown sludge in it. It didn't flush well and everyone used the same toilet. A sink with cold water only, and a few wood benches. My cell had 4 drunks in it with me, all caucasian. The other cell was similarly furnished, but held about 15 African Americans. Not enough bunks for all of them, but segragation was the standard in those days.

Finally a week later after I learned how to say "sir" and eat old oatmeal without complaining, the sherrif asked me, "What have you learned boy?"

"Silence and respect sir," I replied.

"That's good boy, if I let you out of here, what'cha gonna do?"

"Just collect my things and be on my way," I said, and then adding, "I just want to get on with my life and not cause problems any more."

He let me out...cost me $200 (all that I had in my wallet) for what he called "behavior lessons." My pickup was in the impound lot, had to sign a letter of indebtness to get it out. It was missing the battery, a cb radio, the stereo radio, and the antenna...all carefully removed. The attendant offered to sell me a used battery (old and beat up) for another $40. This is when you could buy a brand new Die Hard for $25. Still I took it and hit the road. Made it 5 miles down the road when I realized I was running on fumes....they siphoned out 15 gallons I had in the thing too.

Still all in all, it was a cheap lesson that made me think about how my attitude definitely needed adjustment.

Rich
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 11:07 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

No. But I'm beginning to feel like this is a job interview.
 Top of the page
yttan10 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 6:31 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Wow Rich, some story. I enjoyed reading it emensley.

Edited by yttan10 2006-03-26 6:31 PM
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 15