x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Whats the BEST handheld pc?

1 2
jornada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 10:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Whats the best handheld pc? I know my answer... you guessed it... the JORNADA 720!!!!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 10:27 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

For me it is the MP790.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 10:32 AM
#
I'm going to append your question. "What is the best handheld PC" and why?

For me, the Jornada 720 because it has an excellent form factor, a resonably up-to-date OS, good expansion and its fairly cheap for what it is.
 Top of the page
jornada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 10:36 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

good point, I wonder if an administrator could change the name?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 10:39 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I think you can change it with the edit option within the first hour. Just change the subject line.
 Top of the page
yttan10 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 10:43 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I only own an J720 and I have to say I love it! It is small and portable, comes with some great programs and is cheap. Then again I have never used any other hpc.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 12:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

my first hpc was the J720 and i'd always thought (maybe still think ) that it is the best, i had this attitude somewhere deep and not conscious where i thought all other hpc's were bad or worse ...
i have a lot of hpc's now and the 720 is still the "etalon", i always compare the others to the 720/728 unconsciously. some little things are different (better or not, different for sure) with other hpcs.
for example the 720 doesn't have the feature for switching off when i close the lid - nec's (and even the J680) have this and i always found that somehow "strange", even though my pda (psion 5mx clone) i used before the 720 did have this feature. but i disabled it (somehow i'm not a fan of this).
or another example, i have the great hp settings applet on the 720. missing it on the others. or, the 720 has the hard icons on the side of the screen. i love that and again i always welcome them if a hpc has them, and not if not.
and so on...
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 12:54 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I love my 720 but I'm really fond of the IBM Workpad and Jornada 820 form factor. Usable keyboards, I don't have to use a stylus which limits the chances of a scratch, and 640x480. I just wish HPC 2000 had found its way onto these units. Still trying to get my hands on an intermec 6651, though it uses a stylus.
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 4:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

For me - a NEC 7x0 with StrongARM CPU and sun-readable TFT screen. Guess why
 Top of the page
asemisldkfj
asemisldkfj Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 6:45 PM
#
Probably my Z50. I love the size and the battery life especially. Not to mention it runs NetBSD!

I've never tried a Jornada, but I'd really like to based on the size.
 Top of the page
scharfshutze Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The Sharp Tripad is my fav. Although its an old device, its never failed me once. The battery life is great and it works perfectly for writing.

If you want my second fav. (which is also a phone) is my Nokia 9500. I've often thought about ditching the Tripad leaving it at home, but when
you write (quite a bit) the small keys on the 9500 is painful. Thats why I love the large keyboard on the Tripad.
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 7:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

scharfshutze - 2006-03-26 4:03 PM

The Sharp Tripad is my fav. Although its an old device, its never failed me once. The battery life is great and it works perfectly for writing.

If you want my second fav. (which is also a phone) is my Nokia 9500. I've often thought about ditching the Tripad leaving it at home, but when
you write (quite a bit) the small keys on the 9500 is painful. Thats why I love the large keyboard on the Tripad.

I just bought a Tripad, with any luck it will arrive late next week. Love the design of it. Seller claims it is unused, aka MINT so I'm eager to see if his evaluation is accurate.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 9:51 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

HP 360LX!
-Because it runs on AA batteries, good on the go, has nifty CF card holder, and has CE 2.0, which has a bit more software support..
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 9:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

My fav is still my 6651s. They do all I ask of them, decent size, OK keyboard and incredible TFT screen. Right behind them is a tie between my MP and 720s. What I gain on one I lose on another and vice versa.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

A couple of months ago I would have said Jornada 720, but I have become a big fan of my Netbook Pro. Its OS environment is far more mature than the HPC 2000 on the Jornada, the screen is big and bright and its 3 expansion slots lets one run wifi, bluetooth and a storage card simultaneously. Another big plus is that modern web browsers like Minimo are available for the Netbook Pro.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13