x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FULL difference between Jornada 720 and 728

1 2
jornada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 4:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

What is the FULL difference between the jornada 720 and the 728? I know the 728 has 64 megs of ram, but anything else?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Elite

basically three things make the difference
1) extra RAM
2) slightly higher HPC2000 build number (includes goodies like VPN support and removes Y! messenger)
3) different casing for the unit (Black and silver as opposed to blue)
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 6:29 PM
#
Also, what about the price? That's a major difference. Are those few extra features really worth the higher cost? You might expect to pay around $50 to $75 more for a 728.

Personally, I'd say it's worth it. You also get bragging rights.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 6:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

black casing?? wheres the black really confused here..

everyone forgot about the higher battery capacity as welll of course that battery is compatible with j720 too.

the sensitivity of the display is better too IMO (my experiences)
my j728 never has a problem with doubleclicking for example... and usually a muxch ligther touch is enough to get registered... so cool.

bragging rights? LOL
maybe if you get to buy a 728 cheap.. otherwise not, as thats just a matter of having enough money, not luck or anyhing else. (i havent paid too much for my 728's)

ok, personally what i like about the j728 is the design and the extra ram is really comfortable. and the j728 is soooo rare in my country... and the ABB version the most rarest of the english 728's... all my three 728's are like that though. (yay theyve arrived today but havent had a chance to look at them, not at home only tomorrow..)

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-27 6:49 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 6:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

More 728s? Spares maybe? What's your total count now? When you fly over to visit us all you can't bring clothes because all the allowable weight will be hpcs
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 7:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, spares, this kind of j728 (abb) is so rare that im trying to get as many spares as possible
next target is sig3...
then maybe another 900c and get ny second intermec repaired and i'll retire happily LOL

i dont know how many hpcs i have/ ill count them for you. as for the visiting, ill just buy the clothes over there
 Top of the page
jornada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 10:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yeah, having that extraboost of RAM would be a blast, but for that cost... cant find any under 300 bux.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 11:07 PM
#
H/PC Elder

wallythacker - 2006-03-27 3:59 PM
When you fly over to visit us all you can't bring clothes because all the allowable weight will be hpcs

Tell me I'm not the only one with dirty thoughts...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 11:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh Tak, I wasn't thinking anything racy
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 11:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2006-03-27 5:46 PM

black casing?? wheres the black really confused here..

everyone forgot about the higher battery capacity as welll of course that battery is compatible with j720 too.

the sensitivity of the display is better too IMO (my experiences)
my j728 never has a problem with doubleclicking for example... and usually a muxch ligther touch is enough to get registered... so cool.

The j728 case is black in the lower-half and silver in the upper half

You're right about the high capacity batt, although you can make it yourself if you're a bit proficient with soldering iron and have a couple of spare 18650's lying over there

About the screen, i think that gets us back to the "A" point: no two jornadas are the same, not even across model and localization similitudes. No two have the exact same brightness, nor the same responsiveness to TS events. It's like if they were alive and unique.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 3:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-03-27 8:07 PM

When you fly over to visit us all you can't bring clothes because all the allowable weight will be hpcs

Well, she did say she'd get the clothes here. Should make for an interesting flight.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 9:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-03-28 9:21 AM

takwu - 2006-03-27 8:07 PM

Well, she did say she'd get the clothes here. Should make for an interesting flight.

haha.

matrixcore - 2006-03-28 5:53 AM
The j728 case is black in the lower-half and silver in the upper half

You're right about the high capacity batt, although you can make it yourself if you're a bit proficient with soldering iron and have a couple of spare 18650's lying over there

About the screen, i think that gets us back to the "A" point: no two jornadas are the same, not even across model and localization similitudes. No two have the exact same brightness, nor the same responsiveness to TS events. It's like if they were alive and unique.

i've never seen any black on any j728! i don't call that black, more like grey or something similar.

screen: i've had the chance to try my two new j728's and i was right... their screen responsiveness is different from j720's i can double click on all three just fine, never a missed doubleclick! on the other hand i do miss the doubleclick sometimes on the j720's (have two of the 720's, but tried a lot more, friends' jornadas).

another thing, the space key has those certain problems on the 720 if you don't press it in the middle you'll sometimes miss it. no problems on any of my 728's!!!

you're right about the brightness though.

jornada720 - 2006-03-28 4:14 AM

yeah, having that extraboost of RAM would be a blast, but for that cost... cant find any under 300 bux.

you can get them for under 300$ on ebay sometimes. not that rarely. my two new ones were under 300$.. (each, not the two of them, lol)
my first one was exactly 300$, 1 year ago (!), if we calculate it at today's currency rate (my country's currency got weaker recently ).
so, don't give up

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-28 9:56 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 10:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

and now pics to show the difference between j720 and j728!

(my first j728 looks so unique because i've had to have some plastic surrounding the screen replaced.)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 11:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Monica, you desk is nice and neat, but you do have an obsession with collecting units...don't you.

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 11:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

actually it is my sister's desktop mine is too messy to post pics about. obsession?? naah.. just needed to have spares for one of my fav units
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10