x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need step by step wireless guidance

1 2 3 4
cortezrob
cortezrob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 7:34 PM
#
thanks cemonex!
I have not access to wlan config
I have downloaded the patch, I install it and in a few minutes will advice you if I am happy or unhappy.
thanks again for your time
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, dont forget you need to uninstall the wlan driver and reinstall it after applying the patch.
 Top of the page
cortezrob
cortezrob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 7:50 PM
#
The problem persist
When the system try to run prism config application I get a "fatal application error" that says:
Program: prismta.exe
exception: 0xc0000005
address: 00d9f2ac

can you helpme?
 Top of the page
vietchristian Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 7:54 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

yes it does...
 Top of the page
cortezrob
cortezrob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 8:14 PM
#
any suggestion?
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 8:22 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

@vietc I expect you've done these things anyway. But., do a soft reset with the card in.
If you get the green bars and it still won't connect; edit the default profile (or the one you're using and ensure your network name is the same as the one you set on your wireless router). You will have to re-insert the card to use any new settings.
Could be you're connecting to a different network?
 Top of the page
cortezrob
cortezrob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 8:32 PM
#
The card works great, I can use IE , email and view my home network (with recoexplorer).
I don't have access to the prism config application. Obviously I don't see any green bar because the mentioned application create a conflict (or violation) but I can still navigate.
The problem is that I donĀ“t have access the prism config I have to set up "no wep" my netgear router
 Top of the page
cortezrob
cortezrob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 8:35 PM
#
I am doing a hard reset y begin with J720 patch , load wifi drivers and at the end load the rest of applications.
 Top of the page
vietchristian Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 8:46 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

The SSID on the HPC is the same as my wireless network. THe signal is strong so I'm assuming that I'm using my network. How do you use vxutil to get my ip addy? Thanks for helping...i thoughy my thread had gone off the sidetracks... :-P
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 11:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cortezrob - 2006-03-30 4:50 PM

The problem persist
When the system try to run prism config application I get a "fatal application error" that says:
Program: prismta.exe
exception: 0xc0000005
address: 00d9f2ac

can you helpme?

Have you installed any other drivers (for anything else) on the 720 before applying the system ID patch? If so, it's possible that one or more of those drivers is a Pocket PC version as well, which may have changed the file mfcce300.dll in the \Windows folder. In that case you'll need to uninstall the other drivers and reinstall them as well now that you have the system ID patch in place. I'm not sure if this will replace the changed mfcce300.dll file with the original H/PC one, but you can download the file in its original form from this site and copy it into the \Windows folder manually.
 Top of the page
cortezrob
cortezrob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-31 9:53 AM
#
It's more difficult that seems
I did a hard reset, then loaded J720 identify patch and prism drivers por hpc2000 (downloaded from this site).
The error persists.
It's very strange that the wifi works great but I can't configure it (for example to set wep encription)
I hope dedicate more time during the weekend, and I am thinking to try the drivers for hpc pro.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-31 12:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cortezrob - 2006-03-31 3:53 PM

It's more difficult that seems
I did a hard reset, then loaded J720 identify patch and prism drivers por hpc2000 (downloaded from this site).
The error persists.
It's very strange that the wifi works great but I can't configure it (for example to set wep encription)
I hope dedicate more time during the weekend, and I am thinking to try the drivers for hpc pro.

oh, this means you're still using ppc drivers (maybe the site had them wrong?), try this (before that uninstall the current driver!): http://izemize.fw.hu/PRISM.HPC300ARM.CAB

if it asks for a driver name, enter this: PRISMNDS
let us know what happened
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-31 12:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

vietchristian - 2006-03-31 2:46 AM

The SSID on the HPC is the same as my wireless network. THe signal is strong so I'm assuming that I'm using my network. How do you use vxutil to get my ip addy? Thanks for helping...i thoughy my thread had gone off the sidetracks... :-P

you can see your IP in vxutil info menu.
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-31 3:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have a Linksys WPC11 v.3 card and had no problems installing it and the config utility works perfectly. My only difficulty was in overcoming my stupidity regarding the default SSID...LOL!!!
 Top of the page
vietchristian Page Icon Posted 2006-03-31 5:55 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I see an IP address, but it's because I put those numbers in my HPC network settings....OR is it actually the vxutil finding it for me? I notice that whatever I enter on my HPC network settings, that's what comes on the vxutil INFO option.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 14