x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Want to go back in time? For real?

jornada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 8:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes, im serious. You can check out almost every website on the net way back to 1996. I tried to download the free version of jetsend (I went back to '99) but it didnt work. The site is at web.archive.org and its the best.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 11:26 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yes, I have heard of it and have used it... It is interesting to look at ce320 and simplyhpc, I believe they were the prequels to HPC:Factor...
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 12:29 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

What's even handier is you can set up a firefox keyword for the wayback machine. It comes in really handy if I've come to a page that doesn't exist any longer, I can just go up to the address bar, prepend "wa " in front of the url, hit enter, and bam! Of course you can choose whatever you want for the keyword, i just chose "wa" to be short for "web archive"
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 12:51 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, wayback has its own bookmark so you can click that and it will ask you for year/month in your browser...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-03-30 12:52 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 1:54 AM
#
H/PC Elder

That's why I think we could use a sticky thread for hpc links as this and other things get mentioned over and over.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10