x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Installing on a neta 980

Phenderson Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 9:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Much a do about the neta 980 of late. Sales must be good for 21st sentry.

I am tryng to install software to this device it runs ce.net 4.1 on a arm processor. I have been able to load some software from softmaker but what I would really like to run is phatpad, and or hpc notes 4.3d. Does anybody have advice?

There is some evidence that some ppc software will run but I haven't found a how to guide on how to work around the incompatible device warnings.

Links, or any information would be appreciated.

Paul
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 11:28 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

For some good PPC software already 'hexedited' to run on the HPC, check out cmonex's (member of HPC:Factor) website.. Her site is http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php ... I believe you can just get the ARM versions of the software... It is a great site for software, alothough I only have the older HPCs ...
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-03-30 11:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Phenderson - 2006-03-29 8:17 PM

I am tryng to install software to this device it runs ce.net 4.1 on a arm processor. I have been able to load some software from softmaker but what I would really like to run is phatpad, and or hpc notes 4.3d. Does anybody have advice?

Paul

Hi,

I could not get anywhere with phatpad. The program was written for a pocket pc and would, at minimum require, a 4.20 version of CE (PPC 2003 I believe). I can use executibilty check to change the version of the executible. However there is a lot of problems with the custom .dll's.

I pass the baton to CMONEX on this one.

I was able to get hpc notes to install and run.

You have to trick the file into installing. After running the setup program on your PC you will get an error saying that the correct device is not attached (or some such). On your PC go to the C:\Program Files\PhatWare\HPC Notes Standard directory. Copy the notesstd.hpc_arm.CAB file to a directory on your Neta (using Activesync is the easiest). Double click on the Cab file on the Neta. It will give you a warning.. ignore it. The file seems to run OK.

The jpcspell.jpc_arm.CAB files will also run.
The pcspell.ppc_arm.CAB file will install but lacks some key support files and will not run. (I am not certain but this may be the same files as jpcspell.).

I haven't tested the syncing stuff yet.

I hope this helps

DG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 10:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hpc notes does have a hpc version, not sure why you had to trick it..

phatpad: never tried this app, what dlls does it need?
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 11:41 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2006-04-01 9:16 AM

hpc notes does have a hpc version, not sure why you had to trick it..

phatpad: never tried this app, what dlls does it need?

Hi CMONEX,

I've had a lot of problems with installers and Activesync with the Neta. It may be the CE.Net 4.1 or the way the unit identifies itself to Activesync.

Its no big deal, I pluck the .CAB out of the installer directory and usually all is well...

The uninstall is a bit screwed up on HPC Notes. I did a restore to clean it up.

I can't recall the names of the dll's (I know that I had them or the stubs present on my machine). Because of the uninstall problem really don't want to try it again (I'm sorry)

(I may try to install it to my Jornada 720 a little later on.)

The Neta doesn't have Remove program App. It would be nice to have one. I have to use ASync to remove software.

DG
 Top of the page
Phenderson Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 9:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks David.

Managed to install HPC notes and Calligrapher. Both are working well, except for syncing the handheld notes with my laptop.

Paul
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9