x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hyperterminal to Simpad SL4 connection problems

markg Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 4:18 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

H/PC Newbie

Member NÂș 1591

Have tried to get hyperterminal to run but it only keeps showing ascii chars, or just plain garbage. Tried 115k, 38.4k, xon/xoff/hardware, etc. Still garbage! Any thoughts? Onboard bootloader is 2.4.20.07 2001

Also, on reboot, Simpad tries to connect to my laptop via 'serial 115k/2k' connection.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 4:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The reboot issues is just COM port chatter from the PC, it isn't anything to worry about.
I assume that you are still getting this gibberish after following CESDH0032?
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 5:20 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I am trying to get to bootloader, just so I can make sure that the serial port works correctly before I do any flashing procedure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure serload is no longer running in the cmd window. Press CTRL-C if it is
Start HyperTerminal (HT)
Choose any name for the connection
Setup connection as outlined below

Reset SL4. You should be greeted on HT with a Siemens bootloader 2.5.3 screen
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I do this part, I never see the bootloader screen. In Hyperterm, the cursor waits, the starts spitting out garbage again.

On the Simpad, after the checkerboard screen, I get the softkeyboard popped up, the datetime box, and an attempt by the simpad to connect at 'serial 115k/2k'.
 Top of the page
markg Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 9:05 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

One factor i neglected to mention is that my bootloader is 2.4 era instead of 2.5.3. would this affect theconnection speed?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.136 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 25