x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

better version of pocket word?

Link Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 10:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

is there a .dll of some sort or a new pocket word that will allow me to save documents as .wps files?
Link
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 4:16 AM
#
I dont think theres one for wps. Consider getting Textmaker, which runs on your HPC and on your desktop. Allows you to use a wide variety of formats and gives much better functionality on the HPC than Pocket Word every did.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 8:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

WPS files are Works files, that's a completely different entity to the sanctioned Word file format. You would need to either save your Pocket Word files as RTF, which it's probably Works supports (not certain though). You can then open them on the H/PC, Works and MS Office... any Wordprocessor really.

The other option as Chazco says is TextMaker, however I don't think that supports WPS on the H/PC version.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 4:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes Works supports RTF.

My NuShield review was actually written in Wordpad in the Smartbook (basically the same as PWord), saved as RTF, and then edited in Works 7 WP and saved in WPS on the PC. The catch is that RTF does not support any complex layout formatting, and I think no pictures either. Not that I would do any of those in Wordpad or Pocket Word though.

BTW, I hate Word format, which shows up differently on every WP. It's got problems even on different versions of Word itself, and is basically a disaster in other products. So I prefer printing out in PDF format if I am sending it for read only. Which begs a big question, can we do it in HPC... see new thread I guess
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.195 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12