x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The Formula 1 2006 Season Thread

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 12:17 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Maybe we can use one thread for the season.

Austrailia is bizarre. So many safety cars it looks like a CART race. Some major crashes but nobody hurt. Schu demos his Ferrari, Button goes backwards, Montoya makes a fool of himself (again).

So far it's an interesting race with some good racing. It's still to early to pick a winner, 18 laps left.

edit:

It's over, great race, really entertaining. Well worth the time I spent watching it. Last yard meltdown of Button's engine. Lots of mistakes by veterans. Some good passing. Fizi fades into the back.

FA wins, KR second, RS third (surprise!)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 7:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Good idea. Lets have all F1 discussion from now until the end of the season in here

I saw yesterday that Button was on Poll. This is usually where it goes horribly wrong
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 10:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What did I say about Jenson!!! Well!!!!?!

The car rolled up about 60m from the finish line with a trail of fire coming out the back.

Melborne are having a good time of it at the moment, what with this and the Commonwealth Games going down so well. Kudos to the Auzzies.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 2:48 AM
#
H/PC Elder

That's a great pic. Too bad it doesn't convey the whole meltdown from start to finish. It was awesome. The ITV commentators were almost yelling at Button to get out and push
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 8:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, it was hilarious. You get Idiot TV commentry too huh?
If the BBC could get that team, and we not have adverts every 90 seconds, the F1 would probably be that little bit more interesting.

Did I hear someone say that he was given 10th place as a token ?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Idiot TV, , yep we get them. But we have very few adverts, generally when there's no action of note. I'd guess we get an ad or two every 10-15 minutes or racing? Not bad.

I think JB got 10th as you say. No points so a meaningless position.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 11:33 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

wallythacker - 2006-04-04 2:48 AM

That's a great pic. Too bad it doesn't convey the whole meltdown from start to finish. It was awesome. The ITV commentators were almost yelling at Button to get out and push

I think Button had enough momentum to cross the finish line, but he would have ended up 5th, and then would have been penalized a number of starting positions for the next race. My guess is the powers that be decided it was better to stop the car before crossing the Start/Finish line (forfeit the 3 measly points) rather than be put out of race contention in the next GP by starting at the back of the pack!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8