x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Possible to change icons in CE 2.11

YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 2:39 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Good afternoon;

Is it possible to edit/change icons in CE 2.11? As you can probably tell from the tone of my questions, that I am not a programmer, so if it is possible, is it something that can be done be a neophyte.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 5:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Only the shell folders, and it is a technical procedure.
I've made some icon mods in the past, e.g. http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1686&start=16&highlight=icon&highlightmode=1
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 6:33 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Good afternoon;

Those looked pretty cool, but what I was intending was more towards changing icons for software that either don't have icons and use the default, or don't function well in the CE environment. From what it appears taht what is required is to edit the registry and/or write code in C. I'm hesitant to go into the registry for this and I'm not a programmer as I said earlier. I was hoping that there was an application, or function, that would allow me to change the icons.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 6:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No there isn't unfortunately. Windows CE doesn't have the native functionality, you would need to write something to interface into GWES.
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 7:26 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Good evening;

Thanks for the update. I was hoping this wasn't the case as I keep seeing applications for functions that the ePlate already has. It really seems to be a simplified Win95 machine. I have built in functions that allow me to do most other changes, like controlling wallpaper for the desktop, modifying colour settings, volume controls, sound and colour themes, and the menus launch just like Win95. I kept wondering why people were writing software for a function that apeared to be resident in the machine. Is this machine specific?

Edited by YOM 2006-04-03 7:27 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

YOM, if you mean the old app which allows you to change the colour settings etc... it was meant for CE2 devices, they often didn't have this ability.. well, some newer ones don't either, but that's rare.
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 9:22 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Good evening;

No, I mean like the Appearance tab in the display properties of Windows. The ePlate has the same functionality in Control Panel.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 4:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

YOM - 2006-04-03 3:33 PM

Good afternoon;

Those looked pretty cool, but what I was intending was more towards changing icons for software that either don't have icons and use the default, or don't function well in the CE environment. From what it appears taht what is required is to edit the registry and/or write code in C. I'm hesitant to go into the registry for this and I'm not a programmer as I said earlier. I was hoping that there was an application, or function, that would allow me to change the icons.

Well, there is an icon editor called Pike that uses PocketC runtime files. I believe that it works in H/PC Pro, but I can't say for sure as I haven't used it myself.
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 5:19 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Maybe Resource Tuner would do the trick? I mean, it can change also program icons...
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 10:43 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Good morning;

Unfortunately I have checked out Pike and it doesn't have an SH4 processor version.
I also just checked out Resource Tuner and while that may do the job, it scares the bejebbers out of me with the thought of what can go wrong!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.656 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 55