x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PPC DLLs on Jornada 720

vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-08 3:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I am still quite fresh in the Windows CE field and I am afraid I am asking questions that were answered many times already. I have not found answers on the net, so I am posting these questions here.

I know (and also successfully tested) that some porgrams can be run by renaming or replacing (at least three ways how to do this) certain DLLs. What is unclear here is the legal view. I know that aygshell.dll and doclist.dll are just dummy DLLs with empty functions which on PPC do something, on HPC hramlessly do nothing...

How about DLLs like: cellcore.dll, commctrl.dll, htmlview.dll, iphlpapi.dll, ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll and winsock.dll? I've seen some links where they were found about one month before I started using Jornada. Which are dead now...

Which of the above DLLs can just be renamed?
How can one get these DLLs (don't tell me that I need a PPC... I have tried it and was not able to copy them...)?
For example, I see that Microsoft has put some of them for Win 2000, XP... on the net as a patch. What is the situation around Win CE?

Too many quiestions?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-08 7:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The DLL files you outlined are OS core files. They exist in the platform builder and are deemed OS integrated - unlike the MFC files which are deemed redistributable with license.
Ordinarily you do not need most of the files to make a PPC2000 or 2002 app work.
If you are trying to migrate a WM2003 app over, forget it. Wrong OS Core.

You cannot obtain them from Platform Builder QFE's, you need the platform builder.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-08 9:45 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

So many abbreviations... What do WM2003, MFC, QWE stand for?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-08 10:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Windows Mobile 2003
Microsoft Foundation Class
Quick Fix Engineering
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-01-09 3:38 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks for explanations! I think I understand. So, the only way how to get such files is kind of reverse engineering (which is probably illegal) by using flashdump utilities and trying to assemble them from different fragments. There is no other easyer (and legal) way.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-09 8:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

In most cases you do not need the very core level dll files. Most of the calls in them are the same under HPC2000 - remember PPC2000 and PPC2002 are the same Core as CE3.
It is the higher platform level librarys that you need. You do not need to replace evert DLL with new reference or stub.

& yes, highly illegal. Hence why your said resources are pulled from the net by a legal team.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8