x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Spb fullscreen keyboard for Pocket PC

Jazz Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 5:00 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/fsk/?en

Does anyone know if this program can be run on CE 4.1 .net?

And whether it is useful on a SimPad?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 5:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah, you may be able to run it, just install it with aygshell.dll and see what happens (check out my SIP thread here in this cenet forum )
if the OS version is cenet 4.2, you need to change it with execheck though.
 Top of the page
Jazz Page Icon Posted 2006-04-06 7:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Nah, I just tried it. Install hangs after it creates an empty program directory.

Too bad, it looked like a decent keyboard...
 Top of the page
Jazz Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 10:46 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Here's an update on my attempts at installing SPB's full screen keyboard on my SimPad SL4:

I downloaded the .cab installation file, copied it to a CF card and ran it from the file manager. The program installed flawlessly and even asked if I wanted to assign a hardware button to it (which I declined for the moment, maybe for the best, read on).

After installation however, clicking on the program icon brings up a dialog box which reads:

================

Fatal Application Error

Application Full Screen Keyboard.exe has performed n illegal operation and will be shut
down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Program: Full Screen Keyboard.exe
Exception: 0xc0000005
Address: 000231fc

================

I'm not very good at reading Windows error codes, so this is not that helpful to me. I have the gx.dll and the aygshell.dll packages installed, the keyboard program does not have its own copy of gx.dll installed in its program directory and I cannot think of anything else to do.

Any help?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 12:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i checked the cab. you will need mfcce301 for it. hexedit the cab to call mfcce301 instead of 300 (or do it after installation with executabilitycheck if that's easier) and download the hexedited mfcce301.dll from my site (arm.zip/hexedited has it)

you will also need atlce300.dll, this is also in arm.zip. if that still doesn't help, get a doclist.dll too (i recommend the one with 6.0kbyte file size)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9