x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Solitaire for Windows CE.net 4.1

1 2 3
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-08 11:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

(There is an old similar thread out in the forums... It did not provide a suitable solution....)

Hi,

One thing that I miss on my Neta (Windows CE 4.1) is the Solitaire game. (The Neta 980 doesn't come with a copy.)

I've tried to find a suitable (preferably free ) replacement. I've had very little luck.

It would be great if I could extract a copy from my Jornada. (Can't do it ).

Any suggestions?

Any loose copies out there?

Thanks

DG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 10:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

solitaire:

http://izemize.fw.hu/solitare.exe

let me know if the exe isnt enough.
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 11:16 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

let me know if the exe isnt enough.

Thanks cmonex...

When I click on it the program hourglass starts and then returns to the system (no solitaire )

Hexedit says it needs pegcards.dll.

DG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oops, ok, download this too: http://izemize.fw.hu/pegcards.dll

(if it downloads as an exe, rename it back to dll)
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 8:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex,

No luck on this one (Solitaire).

The same symptoms. I tap the Solitare.exe and then nothing.

Using Execheck (my new name foor the executiblity checker), the executible is correct. The pegcards.dll gives an incorrect CPU type error.

The Hexeditor shows the the .dll (pegcards.dll) to be made for an ARMV4I (It should have worked.).

(I added a few other files listed in the .exe, specifically "splat.wav" and the help files from the Jornada.)

I edited the registry to add the Solitare entry.

I set the properties of the files to, as close as possible match the Jornada's, (System, Read only , etc.).

No luck...

I'm out of ideas. There must have been a reason that the designers of the machine didn't supply the file. They just couldn't figure it out.

As usual, I appreciate your expertise and help. I guess, I'll play solitaire on my Jornada or other machine.

David Grissom
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 10:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to change the CPU type then, search for c2 01 in the dll, and change the FIRST instance of it to c0 01

if that doesn't help let me know...

but do not give up so soon!
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 8:34 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

David G - 2006-04-08 11:37 PM

(There is an old similar thread out in the forums... It did not provide a suitable solution....)

Hi,

One thing that I miss on my Neta (Windows CE 4.1) is the Solitaire game. (The Neta 980 doesn't come with a copy.)

I've tried to find a suitable (preferably free ) replacement. I've had very little luck.

It would be great if I could extract a copy from my Jornada. (Can't do it ).

Any suggestions?

Any loose copies out there?

Thanks

DG

David

Are you looking for solitaire games in general or does it have to be 'The Solitaire Game' found on the WinCE package?
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 2:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hurricane John - 2006-04-10 7:34 AM

David

Are you looking for solitaire games in general or does it have to be 'The Solitaire Game' found on the WinCE package?

I'm used to playing the WinCE version.

I've kind of looked around. $20 - $30 is a bit steep for me at this time. (Not only cheap but 2 boys in college leaves me hobby poor.)

If you know of some good versions I might be interested.

Status: As of this morning, I am batting a big zero on getting the original CE 4.1 version working on on my Neta.

Thanks

DG

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 2:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

David G, did you see my last post?
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 6:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks cmonex,

I followed your last post's instructions.

I hexedited the pegcards.dll as you indicated and the cpu warning went away (under execheck ).

Unfortunately, It didn't fix the problem.

Everything else checks out OK. The versions are correct. No error messages from either execheck or when I run the program.

Basically nothing happens. I have caught a quick glempse of an hour glass then the program exits.

It may still be needing another file. (I'll poke around a little more on it this evening.)

As usual I'm open to ideas. (This has been fun!)

So much effort for the lowly solitaire!

David G.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 6:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm, well, i'll just send you the sigmarion installation of the thing, it should provide you with all the necessary reg entries etc. but don't forget to overwrite the exe with the one i already gave to you as the original is japanese.. (sig3 doesn't have solitaire in ROM, it is a separate update. i just need to get the cab out of the proprietary mca format, a little tricky, but can be done).
then of course cpu hexediting for the dll. (or if there's another executable, for that too)

if that dll (even with cpu type hexedited) doesn't work, i'll get you another version from PB.. we won't give up
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 1:05 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2006-04-10 5:39 PM

if that dll (even with cpu type hexedited) doesn't work, i'll get you another version from PB.. we won't give up

Oh Thank You! Solitaire withdrawal is a terrible thing!

DG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 4:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

http://izemize.fw.hu/cardgame.zip

this contains freecell too.. but both are japanese, after installation overwrite solitaire with the previous solitaire exe and it will be converted to english. (dunno about freecell translation at the moment but that could be done too.)
hexedit the cpu type for pegcards.dll again and lets see if it runs ok.

btw found an easier method to trick the cab out of the mca file cool.
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 10:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2006-04-11 3:31 PM

this contains freecell too.. but both are japanese, after installation overwrite solitaire with the previous solitaire exe and it will be converted to english. (dunno about freecell translation at the moment but that could be done too.)
hexedit the cpu type for pegcards.dll again and lets see if it runs ok.

btw found an easier method to trick the cab out of the mca file cool.

When I clicked on the cardgame.cab, I got a "The application cannot run this device type. Please install the application specific to this device type."

I believe that the cab is Xscale specific. (I opened the cab and looked at the files. there is a file "CABXSC~1.000" (may be the .ins type file)

There was one additional file hrts_dll.002 (assumed .dll).

I hexedited the files by changng the C2 01 references to C0 01. It was a no go.

I beginning to need a "Turn of a Friendly Card!" in this adventure!

That bad old Mister Gates!

DG

Edited by David G 2006-04-11 10:46 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-12 2:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry i again forgot about the cpu difference,

the c2 01 thing works with installed apps only, cab installing is different, another hexedit (a different string, forgot, sorry) or install wceloadext to allow installation of the cab. (let me know if you don't have this little app)

it isn't xscale specific by the way, it is just identified as ARMV4I or T (i forgot which ), and you'd need plain ARMV4. of course it is plain ARM / xscale, and should run after the cpu hexedit.

edit: looks like hrts_dll.002 is needed by the freecell app. i want you to install the cab only to have the maybe necessary registry entries.

edit2: if you want to hexedit the cab instead of using wceloadext, this may work: replace first instance of 20 07 to 11 0A.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9