x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Solitaire for Windows CE.net 4.1

1 2 3
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-12 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

David

Yikes - still working on this?

Why not just go to the Games Software section at HPCNEC.com and try one of several freeware Freecell titles listed there or checkout some other great solitaire software titles which are not free.

Edited by Hurricane John 2006-04-12 3:03 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-12 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, he wants a free solitaire!

it would be fun to make it work as long as he doesn't get too tired
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-12 6:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hurricane John - 2006-04-12 2:01 PM

David

Yikes - still working on this?

Why not just go to the Games Software section at HPCNEC.com and try one of several freeware Freecell titles listed there or checkout some other great solitaire software titles which are not free.

I'm having a great time on this one.

The fun is in the hunt. -- unfortunately the fox is winning at this point.

Plain old Windows solitaire is probably the most worn out piece of software there is. The funny thing is, after all these years I still play it to pass the time. It's kind of like doodling on a piece of paper.

Thanks cmonex (above), I'll try the hexedit's for the installer. I haven't been able to find these hexedits anywhere else - are they posted somewhere on the net?

Thanks for your help (and time), again...

DG

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-12 6:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the cab installer hexedit is posted on the socalled sigmarion III user page (i personally think it is a badly disorganized page lacking even some basic information such as the use of wceloadext. but it did give me the tip about the hexedit).

the cpu hexedit for installled executables is entirely my own idea (peinfo helped to find out), but i'm not saying no one else found out about it, i just didn't see it anywhere yet.

no site is out there to collect all the info... YET...

hope we can make this work...
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 4:00 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Here is a Windows CE 4.1 ARMV4 version of the standard Windows CE Solitare that should work on your device.

Both the solitare.exe and pegcards.dll are included.

I hope it helps.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-04-14 4:01 AM
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 7:37 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

TFGBD - 2006-04-14 3:00 AM

Here is a Windows CE 4.1 ARMV4 version of the standard Windows CE Solitare that should work on your device.

Both the solitare.exe and pegcards.dll are included.

I hope it helps.

This works fine!

The quest is over!

A special thanks to cmonex for her ideas. As a result of what I've learned, I've been able to get several previosly uninstallable programs to run on my neta!

Thanks,

DG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 9:42 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey, TFGBD, nice, is this from PB 4.1?

DG, my last option would have been PB, because i have only 4.2 and because i wasn't sure the build i have would be compatible (just look at the MSN thread our PB made MSN isn't compatible with the Neta )

btw what programs did you get to work?

oh and the coredll's i have (answering your PM here, ok? ) are usually normal ARM, hexedit *only* if the c2 01 is close to the very beginning of the file.
btw, yes it could have been a coredll difference (but not in the way you meant). or something else. no idea
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-15 11:12 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2006-04-14 8:42 AM

DG, my last option would have been PB, because i have only 4.2 and because...

btw what programs did you get to work?

btw, yes it could have been a coredll difference (but not in the way you meant). or something else. no idea

Sorry for the slow response! Been playing Solitaire!

By PB, I am assuming the mystical platform builder. The primordial bytes from which all CE devices spring!

(I wish I could afford or understand it. I would have all kinds of fun with the neta with it's flash memory. I tried the trial version for kicks. Didn't really know what to do with it. )

Some of the the files that I have got to work have been from the Yahoo Handheld groups. (as an example - Remover.exe).

I used executability checker on the PocketxPDF file to change it's version to run on the neta.

Champagne reader would not start until basic changes were done on it. (as you know it opens but can't display the files -- another thread)

Not all are fully successful as programs - but at least now some of the programs will try to execute.

(I like -and need a "remover/uninstall" program for the neta. I have to uninstall files by using Activesync or a manual unload.exe "..." files within the cmd.)

I did a comparison of the two solitaire executibles (sigmarion and assumed PB) using my hexeditor. (In case there was one or two areas where differences might be found.) There were some similarities in the first few hundred locations. Unfortunately there were way too many differences as well. I could not spot a simple fix with my limited knowledge.

I guess it's time to get back to playing a game of Solitaire. I'll beat it this time!

DG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-15 11:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh as for app removing on the neta, do you have unload.exe in your /Windows folder on the neta? and/or files with the extension .unload (assuming you have already installed something on your neta)?

(another hacking fun starting here? )
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 12:12 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

oh as for app removing on the neta, do you have unload.exe in your /Windows folder on the neta? and/or files with the extension .unload (assuming you have already installed something on your neta)?

(another hacking fun starting here? )

Hi cmonex, Yes to both question. (and hacking is always fun!)

I've been able to remove applications with unload.exe in the cmd shell on the neta.

I wanted to cobb together a simple interface to make it easier... However, my C++ skills are very poor.

I can use embedded vb in a limited form on the neta. The common dialog activex control will not work (I can't retrieve a filename.).

If I could get this working, I could select an .unload file and extract the 2 required parameter items from the filename. I could then shell run the unload.exe with correct arguments. Presto (a remove file utility).

Is there another way (or better hack) to remove files?

If not, is there a way to get embedded vb to work properly on the neta CE 4.1?

(Or is there a mind probe device that would remove my mental block in learning and using C++?)

DG
 Top of the page
mikegrimsley76 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 12:13 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Unload.exe is on the Neta and on the Viewsonic Viewpad rom(it works on the Neta as well). However, I have no idea how to use it. Please shed some light on this subject.
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 1:09 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

mikegrimsley76 - 2006-04-15 11:13 PM

Unload.exe is on the Neta and on the Viewsonic Viewpad rom(it works on the Neta as well). However, I have no idea how to use it. Please shed some light on this subject.

Hey Mike, thanks for the info last week...

I could not get this to work for me with the run command from the start menu. I works fine from the cmd shell (Command Prompt).

cd \windows
dir *.unload

if you get a file such as:

Greatsoft Goober Pea Counter.unload

Greatsoft <- software company
Goober Pea Counter <- software title

(and you want to remove it)

then type: unload Greatsoft Goober Pea Counter

(where "unload" is unload.exe)

This removes the application and works for me... (I believe I typed this correctly.)

For our worldwide friends: Goober Peas are Peanuts in some parts of the southern USA.

I hope for a better (easier way).

DG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 9:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

so the functionality is there. maybe you just need the applet in the control panel? there must be a way to get the applet into control panel. lets see..
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 10:00 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2006-04-16 8:47 AM

so the functionality is there. maybe you just need the applet in the control panel? there must be a way to get the applet into control panel. lets see..

uh oh...

(Let's do it!)

DG
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 10:11 PM
#
H/PC Elite

By PB she means Psion Power Book.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page