x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My New Addition (Pics)

1 2
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 6:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sharp Mobilon Tripad:
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 6:32 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Neat. Looks alot like a Clio, from what I remember. What are the system stats on it? i.e.

cpu
ram
os version
screen resolution

etc.
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 6:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Your right, same design as a Clio. Doesn't post processor speed but I suspect it is under 100 mhz, Mips. 16mb Ram. Runs HPC Pro. Really nice screen, very bright and even. Color spectrum seems to be limited 16k or less. Video playback? Forget about it. No headphone jack. I love the design though, and switching to tablet mode is a kick. It's in superb conditon, almost new.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 6:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I really like some of the novel hinge designs that allow a notebook to be converted to a tablet. I spend a lot of time reading documentation on my portables and a tablet design makes that a lot easier. I was particularly impressed with a Fujitsu Lifebook P1500 series sub-notebook that I got a chance to play with recently. It is almost the same size as my Netbook Pro, but crams a lot more power under the hood. Battery life is pretty good too. I hate to say it, but I may become a convert.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rocketman - 2006-04-10 12:46 AM

I hate to say it, but I may become a convert.

oh, when you bought the netbook pro, i was almost sure you would switch to a small subnotebook, as the netbook pro really has nothing much against them as it is relatively big for a hpc.. sure it has EVERYTHING a hpc can have but..
oh well
anyway how is the battery life on that subnote? how many hours in real life?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 8:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The Tripad is essentially identical to the Vadem Clio C-1000. Processing speed is 80 MHz (as opposed to the Clio C-1050, which runs at 168 MHz).
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 8:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2006-04-09 5:14 PM

The Tripad is essentially identical to the Vadem Clio C-1000. Processing speed is 80 MHz (as opposed to the Clio C-1050, which runs at 168 MHz).

Yea 80mhz sounds about right, unit is somewhat slow, also I think it is limited to 256 colors based on my testing. Great for homework, word processing, not much else. I just love the design mostly.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have to say, the Netbook Pro is by far the best HPC I have ever owned in terms of its functionality. Its size does put it almost in the same range as some of the ultra-light subnotebooks like the Lifebook or Librettos. The two big advantages the Netbook Pro has at this point is its very long battery life and near instant on/off. With the UMPC form factor, we are going to see those two advantages disappear. With the greater processing power and far richer software environment of these devices, I think HPCs are going to be of interest only to collectors in just a few years time. We shouldn't see this in a negative context, but rather as the vindication and re-emergence of the whole HPC concept
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 9:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I love the design. It's amazing.

If my 6651 had that design it'd be even more perfect. Not that the 6651 has a bad design but the Sharp/Clio is soooo sleek.

I might hunt for a 1050 to add to my collection and turn some heads at the wifi hotspot.
 Top of the page
jornada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 10:12 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I bet if the TriPad didnt do the thingy with the screen, NO one would buy it. Thats pretty low end! But still, its phenominal how it does that with the screen.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 10:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mmm should i start another thread like this, about my new additions?

nice pics by the way
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-09 10:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes Monica, it's been awhile and you have some many neat units. I'd be interested.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 2:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The only thing about the swing-arm design is that the arms that hold the screen are vulnerable to damage. Also, the swiveling of the screen probably puts some strain on the wire connections inside - for a while, I was having a problem with my Clio shutting off when I adjusted the screen angle. The 6651 is not vulnerable to these potential problems - and it's considerably lighter.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 2:50 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Thanks for the extra info. I agree the swivel on the 6651 is amazing. I haven't read of a single failure. That's a pretty good record. Both of mine are trouble free.

Still, for the cool factor I may buy a 1050 if the price is right.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 7:31 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-04-10 4:57 AM

Yes Monica, it's been awhile and you have some many neat units. I'd be interested.

ok, i'l start one soon
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 15