x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

D211 and Orange/Vodafone GPRS (UK)

chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-04-10 10:35 AM
#
Just in case its any use to anyone i'm going to post how it went here...

My Nokia D211 card arrived, and i installed the software from HPCFactor. Everything up to now went perfect.

I inserted my Vodafone SIM card (my main number), the D211 software said it was ready to connect, it did so, and i was online (no configuration needed). It was expensive though.

I then found that Orange is the cheapest for GPRS in the UK and went SIM card hunting. Eventually i bought a 'pre-activated' SIM from the Orange shop in the local supercenter. I put it in the D211, it said ready to connect, then didnt. It kept saying "Disconnected". I suspected authentication failure.

The only setting that can be changed in the D211 software for GPRS is the APN. I used "orangeinternet" even though its not the PAYG APN. I also found that a "GPRS" connection was now present in Remote Connections. I double-tapped and was able to enter the username and password for UK GPRS on Orange. It connected.

I also found out you can speed it up by going into the settings for the GPRS connection in Remote Connections and selecting 115,000 for speed. Actual speeds end up at about 44kbps, which isnt too bad.

All i have to worry about now is how to find out my number, how to add credit and how to activate the unlimited 24hr GPRS extra...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 38 - Executed queries : 30