x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Get rid of old computer hardware, get a free 128mb usb thumbdrive!

mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 12:16 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I just found out that Toshiba will give you a free 128mb usb flash drive for sending them (currently) your old laptop, LCD monitor, or PocketPC. Other items aren't currently being accepted, but hopefully that'll change.

http://www.toshiba.ca/web/link?id=2200

Just thought I'd share, in case anyone here is getting rid of one of these items and would like to recycle it instead, and get rewarded

Oh, and it's completely free, they pay for all of it. You can either have someone (from UPS) come out and pick the stuff up or you can drop it off at one of the UPS drop-off locations.

EDIT: Just noticed this offer is only valid for Canadian residents at the moment, hopefully that'll change soon also

Edited by mscdex 2006-04-11 12:18 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 2:49 AM
#
H/PC Elder

It's an interesting idea but has two shortfalls IMO.

1. Offer a 1gb drive. 128mb is really old school. I could likely sell anything Toshiba would accept for more on ebay than the value of a 128mb drive.

2. Umm, see 1.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 3:56 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

It doesn't say what you're sending to Toshiba has to be not broken or working
So depending on the condition of the thing, you might more sending it to Toshiba than trying to sell a broken/damaged unit on eBay. I dunno

Edited by mscdex 2006-04-11 3:56 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-11 4:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm guessing they want broekn units so the stuff won't go to landfill. Really old laptops are valueless, maybe. But LCDs and ppcs? Even the oldest units still fetch a few bucks on ebay from people looking for spares.

I'd personally sell old junk on ebay and put the money towards a 1gb or larger thumbdrive.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.158 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 30