x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PenCentra 200: Battery-problems

Noschek
Noschek Page Icon Posted 2005-01-10 5:35 PM
#
Hi all,
I just found this forum while searching for a solution of my Battery-problem.
I bought a PenCentra 200. Always when I unplugg the powercord the HPC immediately switches off and the system constantly warns me because of a "low or missing" backup-battery. I already was convinced that both batteries are gone.
What was astounding minutes ago: The HPC crashed while synchronising, so I just pulled the powercord to shut down .... but it stay on!! The HPC was crashed (means no buttom reacted and so on) but for the first time it ran without the powercord! (at least the Desktop was visible and the backlight on)
After pressing the Reset-buttom the HPC resumed but again immediately went off without external power.

Has anyone a solution for this problem?

CYA Noschek
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-11 12:28 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Um....perhaps you should do what it says and replace the backup battery? When it isn't there very strange things happen, believe me.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-11 7:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

When it comes to Lithium Ion cells, they are charge protected. In stalling the system and ripping out the AC adapter CE couldn't send the 'Critical battery level turn off immediatly' command.

You could have causes a surge which prevented the power out for occuring naturally. So do be careful, as Lithium Ion batteries with broken charge circuits can explode in extreamly nasty ways.

Guide to battery best use:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0015.asp
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9