x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 660lx wont turn on.

Funnyman2002 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-13 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

One of my aquaintences bought a 660lx off ebay. He tried to power it up but the screen remained black but the little green light lights up when he plugs the ac adapter in but that's it. It has no main battery, could that be the problem? if that is the problem is there any way to bypas that without buying a battery.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-13 8:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, did you press the power button? lol

it should work without the battery too..

try to press reset too - it is at the bottom under a door, also if you can find a backup battery there, remove it along with the ac adapter, so that it does a full hard reset. maybe that helps..
 Top of the page
Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2006-04-13 9:36 PM
#
Yes the unit should work just with the AC adaptor. I will reflect Cmonex's suggestions and recommend you soft reset the unit via the reset button and try again. I want to add that if the unit contains any peripeherals (PCMCIA card, Compact Flash Card, etc) then fully remove these also before further testing.

If that doesn't work then remove both the AC power and the backup battery cell for about 30 minutes to ensure a hard reset. Put the battery cell back in then plug in the AC adaptor and try again.

Let us know this goes.

Edited by Britty 2006-04-13 9:39 PM
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 8:43 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

While we are hoping the information above proves to be successful, it is worth mentioning that the screen may be the culprit. After the magic white smoke escaped from my HP 660LX, my screen died, but the unit powers up and I can even "see" it when I am serial connected to my PC through AS. I hope it's not a dead screen in your case.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.484 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10