x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bsquare PHH and SD card problems

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-15 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, did any of you experience any app crashing related to the SD card handling on resume from suspend?

for example if you're running acrobat reader from SD (sandisk 128 mb) and have a pdf (placed in ram) loaded in it then turn the bsquare off then resume a few mins later, acrobat reader will crash after a little while for example when trying to ope another pdf.

now, this thread http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20&start=1&posts=8 tells about chaning the pnpdelayunload thing, it is already 4096 on the bsquare but it allowed me to change it to 8192. retained the value after softreset too.

the good news: at 8192, acrobat reader no longer seems to crash! i'll need to further test this though.

however total commander behaves strangely when i insert or eject the card. if it is in foreground at the time of insertion or ejecting of the card it will go back to background. doesn't do this at 4096.. hrm..

and one SD card has already been killed before when i was reading an ebook from it (cant remember the app, the ebook was on the SD for sure.)... well, i finished reading the ebook (after a few days finally the end of the story.. ) and next time the bsquare no longer saw the card.. nothing else saw it.. totally dead.

to make this more clear: i didn't tinker with the pnpunload thing, it just died on its own.. maybe because of constantly resuming reading the ebook from it after every resume from suspend..?

so does anyone have any idea if this value changing could be dangerous to the card? or the opposite, even beneficial?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8