x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS: CAN: INFO Walmart clearing out Flash memory

1 2 3
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-20 3:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You're not offending me, that's for sure. I can't stand Wal-Mart either, but for other reasons. (Let me put it this way: it's not just the stores that stink.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-04-20 3:56 AM
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 7:12 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

KBoyKool - 2006-04-17 6:00 PM

I saw Fry's had a two-day sale with 2GB CF cards for $49.99. I was tempted to get one, but I don't NEED it and the tax check is 6 weeks away.

Speaking of the tax check, I was planning to spend part of it on a new DVD player. However, I was poking around on ebay and saw this. So which do I "need", a new DVD player or a spare J720? (I should know better than to ask this biased group!)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 9:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

KBoyKool - 2006-04-25 1:12 AM
Speaking of the tax check, I was planning to spend part of it on a new DVD player. However, I was poking around on ebay and saw this. So which do I "need", a new DVD player or a spare J720? (I should know better than to ask this biased group!)

spare j720. of course.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-04 11:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Update

Walmart further cut the price of flash memory.

Even though I haggled the first purchase I got them to refund me the difference of the old vs. new price.
 Top of the page
turbosteve Page Icon Posted 2006-05-05 8:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sadly the Walmart by my home is not clearing thier flash memory. Everything is still normal price

Steve
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 1:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Steve, where are you? In the GTA? The walmart close to my Dad (Erin Mills) isn't clearing flash memory either. So far only the Barrie Walmart appears to be clearing out.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 1:40 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek - 2006-04-20 1:55 AM

You're not offending me, that's for sure. I can't stand Wal-Mart either, but for other reasons. (Let me put it this way: it's not just the stores that stink.)

I just cannot stand being there and for other reasons as well.. Some branches even did not give their employees a lunch break for a while .. Also, they sometimes do not even have "cheaper" prices.. I prefer Frys Electronics over anything else..
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 1:47 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Where I live we don't have Frys or big box Circuit City or Bestbuy. My hands are somewhat tied when I want something quickly and Walmart usually has it, so I but from them.

I admit I'd rather buy elsewhere but my only other local choice is Future Shop and they are either really good or really outrageous with pricing.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 1:49 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

wallythacker - 2006-05-05 11:47 PM

Where I live we don't have Frys or big box Circuit City or Bestbuy.

That is sad , althought I do not care much for Circuit City..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 3:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2006-05-05 10:40 PM

CE Geek - 2006-04-20 1:55 AM

I just cannot stand being there and for other reasons as well.. Some branches even did not give their employees a lunch break for a while

Not to mention forcing them to work unpaid overtime, among other offenses. These have been problems throughout the chain, and several lawsuits have been filed. Not having any competition nearby, as in wally's case, is exactly what they want. As a consumer, I'd like to have a choice.

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 4:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Walmart effectively drove out the smaller mom 'n pop stores after they came to my town. That was good and bad. Some of the smaller stores were real gougers and scammers who should have been tarred and feathered years ago.

But we also lost the smaller honest vendors in the fallout

I view Walmart with mixed blessings. If not for them I'd have far less selection and much higher prices.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-06 4:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's the other thing they do - drive the mom-and-pops out of business. And the vast majority were honest businesses - because they are small, they have to be in order to establish the loyal followings that keep them going. (The dishonest ones go out of business soon enough anyway.)
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-05-07 4:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Speaking of cheap memory, if anyone here has a Duane Reade nearby (it's a drugstore chain) check out their clearance bins..the one near me had one full of 64MB CF cards for $8.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-07 4:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Maybe CF cards are selling cheaper because many newer devices (PDAs, cameras, etc..) have SDIO slots mainly..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 2:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

SueNY - 2006-05-07 1:50 PM

Speaking of cheap memory, if anyone here has a Duane Reade nearby (it's a drugstore chain) check out their clearance bins..the one near me had one full of 64MB CF cards for $8.

One vendor at a local computer show yesterday was selling 128 MB CF cards for $8. (I picked up two.) And another vendor at the same show a couple of months ago was selling 256 MB cards for $13. (Two of those for me, too.) I think it's just like tenjeangosi says, which suits me fine cuz I don't have to fight over them.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-05-08 2:28 AM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 28