x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS: CAN: INFO Walmart clearing out Flash memory

1 2 3
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 2:37 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Update.

Staples has a bin of clearance CF and SD cards. I grabbed some 256mb CF for $9US and my ex grabbed some 64mb CF for $3US. With tumbling prices I expect to find $20 1gb cards in the bins in the near future.

I'm going back to dig through the whole bin. I merely skimmed the top half when I was there.

Maybe my prediction of 32gb cards for $100 isn't too far off. I hope so.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 2:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Nice catch, wally!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 3:20 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Staples also had $9US 256mb pen drives but I can't think of a use for them? CF for my hpcs and SD for my camera and some piddles but what would I do with a pendrive? My days of buying stuff just because it's dirt cheap are behind me (I think)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 4:27 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-05-08 8:37 AM

Update.

Staples has a bin of clearance CF and SD cards. I grabbed some 256mb CF for $9US and my ex grabbed some 64mb CF for $3US. With tumbling prices I expect to find $20 1gb cards in the bins in the near future.

wow....

too bad i cant buy them for 20$ here

lucky, all of you!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 4:34 AM
#
H/PC Elder

But you get deals on other things we can't touch. So I'd say it's about even. Tho' I think I'd prefer the deals you get on 900s and such. I could always get friends to buy flash cards and whatnot for me if I had to.

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for flash prices to start tumbling. There must be millions of mid-sized cards in inventory around the world. It's not like the world's gonna wake up and buy mid-sized flash cards for nostalgia sakes. So the vendors better dump them cheap while they can. I hope the cheap price trend continues.
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just got a great deal. The local Fry's has a limited supply of "One Day Only" sales, including...

a PQI 2GB Hi-Speed (60x=10MB/s) CF Card for (drumroll) US$39.99!! (No Rebate Required)

It was limit one per customer, but I got mine and that's all that matters.

The cheapest memory prices I've seen recently have been 1GB and 2GB cards for $34.99 and $69.99, respectively. These prices, however, were after mail-in rebate.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-19 4:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's why I check the Fry's ads every time they come out (about every other day in the LA Times).
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10