x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Avaya wlan wireless card and HP620lx

1 2
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 3:20 AM
#
Hi All

Good to see the site still going strong. Anyway I have A HP620LX and would like to get it going via wireless. I have a Avaya world card silver ((lucent tech PC24E-H-FC) which works with other devices and am wondering if it will work with the 620. I looked on the compatabilty list and found reference to the lucent but bit not avaya so not sure if it will work. Any help is welcome. Also anyone got a rom upgrade for sale??

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 8:47 AM
#
If you have both the 620LX and the Wireless card you could just test them both yourself.

The hardest part would be finding a CE2.0 compatible driver for it.

I did a quick Google search, (by no means thorough) and the earliest version CE driver I could find for your wireless card is for CE2.11. If you already have your 620LX hardware upgraded to CE2.11 then you are in the box seat. If you still have CE2.0 you may need to dig a bit deeper than I did.

*EDIT* Actually I had a quick look on the HCL just now under wireless network cards > Orinico Silver entry. There are CE2.0 version 4.04 and 4.06 drivers present there ready for download. Have you tried them?

Edited by Britty 2006-04-17 9:20 AM
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 10:01 AM
#
Hi thanks for your reply

In regards To the drivers here tried them but nothing happens. Not even a light. oddly everytime I plug the card in it asks for a card name same is said after every switch on.Where as my wired card works ok(ish as it looses connection regularly).Any ideas anyone??

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 2:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Just to clarify there, are you actually giving it a drive name?

The 2.00 Lucent drivers are, alas, rather choosy it seems over which cards they want to work with. They are not as generic as one might have wished for.
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 4:18 PM
#
Hi

It asks me to "Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard"

hope that helps..

regards
Andrew

PS
thank for all you help
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 4:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

avaya isnt the best version of orinoco ... it is as unreliable regarding compatibility with hpc's as proxim.. but still there's a chance
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 4:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'll, er, take that as a no then.

The 4.0x driver name is: WVLAN46.dll
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 5:07 PM
#
Thanks for info regard driver name wored as no have a constat light and a flashing one.BUT how do I get wep to work and in fact to simply connect as it seems to not want to using anything I know already(have set up a 10-poc base network and admin this plus have set up various netpookbs epoc and ce)

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Andrew - 2006-04-17 11:07 PM

Thanks for info regard driver name wored as no have a constat light and a flashing one.BUT how do I get wep to work and in fact to simply connect as it seems to not want to using anything I know already(have set up a 10-poc base network and admin this plus have set up various netpookbs epoc and ce)

wow, netbooks?

well, just do the same.. go to the avaya driver config app (in control panel, just like in EPOC), and set WEP etc... why is this so difficult if you already have experience with EPOC (that wlan driver isnt that intuitive, not at all, in my experience)?
to set IP and DNS, WINS: control panel / network applet.. there select your wlan driver and set it up..
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 6:10 PM
#
did all that. but mac address is empty so may be prob. And no connection either. I use a 10 digit wep code and even by but 0x before code as some time required still nothing works. Sorry but EPOC was easier than this as set to dhcp then wep code and online.(even win 98 was easier)

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 6:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Andrew - 2006-04-18 12:10 AM

did all that. but mac address is empty so may be prob. And no connection either. I use a 10 digit wep code and even by but 0x before code as some time required still nothing works. Sorry but EPOC was easier than this as set to dhcp then wep code and online.(even win 98 was easier)

OK, i have to admit i used this driver only once but it was indeed under CE2 (and hpc2000). i'm used to PRISM drivers otherwise, they just need WEP and off you go.
i did not set any mac address in the lucent driver, don't have the slightest idea what it is for but i did not need it for a successful connection. again, i just set WEP in that driver, and used a 26 digit hexadecimal code for wep. (i never use ascii)
wlan with win98 was complicated crap for me compared to CE

edit: maybe i used another version of the driver? dunno..

Edited by cmonex 2006-04-17 6:29 PM
 Top of the page
Andrew
Andrew Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 6:26 AM
#
hi All

Thank you to everyone for their advise and help. It has been very welcome. And the good news is that WIFI is up and running. So am a hapy chappy. The problem was that the driver had set its self to card power management and was this that caused the connection problem.Turned it of and works everytime turn it on and no connection. Anyway it works which is great. Next question is are there any wifi hotspot sniffer/finder software for ce2? or can JAVA be loaded on to the 620lx if where? and are there wifi hotspot sniffer/finder software for JAVA?

Again thank you everyone for your help..

regards
Andrew
 Top of the page
Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 7:05 AM
#
Glad it all came out successfully! Are you able to leave detail as to which driver you used in the end to get it all going? It may be good for future reference if anyone else comes along trying to match a Avaya World Silver card with a CE2.0 device.

There may possibly even be an update to the HCL to include it.

As far as Wifi hotspot sniffers go, it's not something I've ever had the need to look for as yet (still running a wired ethernet here), so I don't really know. Maybe someone else with more exposure to these would be better to guide you.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 10:05 AM
#
Hi

Glady share my connection setup least I can do after the help I have recieved..

So here goes.

This is for the "Avaya Wireless World Card Silver"(PC24E-H-FC),

1) Install the Lucent Tecnologies ORiNOCO Silver PC24E-H-FC (802.11b) driver available on this site..

2) When asked to "Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard" enter WVLAN46.dll (thanks C:Amie
for that but of info).

3) Now go to Control panel - WaveLAN.

4) In Basic tap enter name of network but leave Ad-Hoc demo mode unticked.

5) In Advanced Tab leave MAC address blank, AP Density Set to Medium(it works better I found), Transmit rate set to medium, Fixed leave unticked, Medium Reservation set to off,

6) In Power Management untick if ticked.

7) In Encryption use what ever you use and if not long enough use 0x infront of key.

8) Go to Network Configuration in Control Panel Click on WaveLan/IEEE untick DHCP(didn't work for me) and enter ip address etc that suits your network. Click on OK etc take card out replace and all should work..

Hope this is of help was only possible with help from others here so my thanks to them all.

regards
A greatful Andrew
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 10:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Andrew - 2006-04-18 12:26 PM

hi All

Thank you to everyone for their advise and help. It has been very welcome. And the good news is that WIFI is up and running. So am a hapy chappy. The problem was that the driver had set its self to card power management and was this that caused the connection problem.Turned it of and works everytime turn it on and no connection. Anyway it works which is great. Next question is are there any wifi hotspot sniffer/finder software for ce2? or can JAVA be loaded on to the 620lx if where? and are there wifi hotspot sniffer/finder software for JAVA?

Again thank you everyone for your help..

regards
Andrew

hey very cool that you got it to work...

wifi scanner for CE 2.0? nope... it is no better than EPOC in this respect.. only CE 3+ can have it...
java? i'm not sure about 2.0, but 2.11 can run various sorts of java vm's ... do you have 2.0, right?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8