x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-01-11 3:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I picked up a Memorex PC Card adaptor which lets me put a CF card into the PCMCIA port on a Jornada 820. I can have two CF RAM cards in use and it works great.
Question: If I plug a wireless network CF card into the adaptor will it work? I'd like to have wireless but don't want it using the CF port...

The adaptor is simply a housing which translates the pins on the CF card into PCMCIA-speak. Will it make the CF network card into a PCMCIA network card?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Brain_Recall
Brain_Recall Page Icon Posted 2005-01-11 3:29 PM
#
CF cards are actually PCMCIA Type 1 cards. The adapter you got was a Type 1 to Type 2 adapter. This card will work for it, and are comonly included with Type 1-network adapters.

And yes, there are Type 3 cards. These are double-high Type 2 and are pretty unpopular.

Small edit: Ever wonder what PCMCIA stands for? "People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms."

(Actually, it's Personal Computer Memory Card International Association)

Oddly enough, I memorized the goofy definition, and not the real one.

Edited by Brain_Recall 2005-01-11 3:32 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-11 4:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've already answered this here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=268&posts=5

If you are going to ask a question elsewhere, can I ask that you do not go creating new threads on the same question elsewhere on the forum.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.718 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9